Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have done a solid axle in the front of your IFS Chevy or F-150, what did you use for springs? I have a K2500 that I'd like to do a solid axle and wonder if it would be better to use '73-87 front springs, Super Duty front springs, or some (??) rear springs. ORU uses old chevy fronts. I'm looking for a pretty good ride, and minimal (4") lift.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
i put a 60 under a 95 GMC and used old chevy spring. well 73-87 year fronts. worked good, rode like a big heavy truck:D

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
ford HP 60, 6" springs, and i used the ORU kit. i wasnt aware of the fun involved with joining metal with electricity:D a guy down here by me did the same with a dodge 60 and used rear hangers in the front with a 63" chevy rear/mix pack. and his truck twisted up nicely for a big chevy.

tried to post a crappy pic...wouldnt let me..

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Did you modify the stock driveshaft or did you use something else? I don't know how much angle the OEM CV will take?

Joining metal with electricity is definitely more fun than joining metal with Craftsman!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.