Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i need to move that spring pad in about a 1/4 for it to be centerd correctly. Is it common that you have to notch away at the pumpkin for the pad to fit?? Also for wms to wms i got 66 1/4" does that sound about rite? This is also going under my 88 yj

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Seams to me if the 1/4 inch is critical, it would be easy enough to design a spring pad to fit over the edge of the pumpkin. May have to build it a little taller, with a little more axle contact next to the center section to insure a good weld. I'd rather do that than to notch the center section. My .02

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah, i'd definitely make a spring perch to go over the pumpkin rather than grind away at it in an attempt to use the perch you have now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the tips. I got it all figured out, I just outboarded the springs and it worked perfectly to clear the pumpkin.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its all fubbard up... i forget the degree but i did the math and it should of neted me 5*....but its sittin under there with just the weight of the frame on it and its at 15*...so i'll just have to re-do it once everything is back on the frame

1 - 7 of 7 Posts