Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fully independent suspension 4x4?

Are these systems any good for a pre runner style truck, that will still occasionally hit the mud? I'm heading to Cali soon, and was thinking having a truck that could do Azusa canyon one weekend, and Glamis the next and have a vehicle thats good at both would be awesome. I emailed about a price for one of the kits, but was just wondering if anyone has every used or driven a vehicle set up with one of these kits?

http://www.gocms.com/

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
These guys hit the snow hard... pretty cool stuff. Not sure how they do rock crawling though. They all run huge tires and are fairly wide.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
To really have fun in sand, you need to be really light...and have a lot of power. Light and 4x4 is very hard to achieve.

But I'm checking out the site, very interesting. EDIT.... COOL!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna strip the truck out, gutted cab, gutted bed, sheet metal dash, gutted doors, with a stout 460 stroker. Had planned on just building a standard mud truck on tons, but the fully independent idea has me thinking.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
They get around in snow, you'll get around in Glamis, but it still won't be like floating around in a light sand car. Would be worth it to me though. Being stuck wheeling only in sand would get boring.

I'd like to see them running the Hammers.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
"For an idea of costs, our bolt-in retro-fit kit for a YJ starts at $60K" ouch

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
It looks like the company is founded by TTC champ Geby Wagner who drove a gamma goat based jeep. This suspension does not appear to be gamma goat based as it does not use planetary hubs.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
"For an idea of costs, our bolt-in retro-fit kit for a YJ starts at $60K" ouch
Holy fuck. $60k? I could buy used 7 ton shit, and build my own sytem cheaper than that. Maybe the price is slightly cheaper, for a fullsize truck, but some how I doubt it. It would eplain why you dont see more of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts