Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Wow, maybe I need to list some 9mm ammo on gunbroker as well.

Who is actually going to buy that stuff from them at those prices though?

·
Registered
29,931 Posts
meh, no such thing as "price gouging"

if the demand is great enough that idiots will pay those prices, then good for them.

myself, haven't purchased a damned thing from CTD since the sandy hook pmag immediate price increase.

·
Change is good.
35,194 Posts
It also prevents people from buying up the product and flipping it, ie; gouging.

·
Change is good.
35,194 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

if the demand is great enough that idiots will pay those prices, then good for them.

myself, haven't purchased a damned thing from CTD since the sandy hook pmag immediate price increase.
Post Sandy Hook was the 1st time we all saw the panic buying.
Most companies continued to offer normal retail on in-stock items when available.
It seemed .22 and .223/5.56 ammo was the only ammo to go OOS for months.

Say it aint so.....
You down to the last ditch effort to find something ???
I'm good with ammo.
I shoot lot's of 9mm/.223/5.56 (comp shoot) and took advantage of the salad days for past few years.
I can begin reloading again when I close on some property in Idaho in a few weeks (Parma)

This thread was more of a FYI regarding CTD's modus operandi with unscrupulous practices during these types of crisis/panics.

_

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
My local gun trading board is like $0.50 a round for 556 and $0.45 a round for 9mm. So its not really a CTD thing either.

Look at it this way; TP is being rationed at the walmart. Youre only allowed like 1 package, if they even have it, which they dont. Its regular price though! So would you like to have the option of buying a limited something at regular price but it be sold out, or an unlimited amount of something at an inflated cost?

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
My local gun trading board is like $0.50 a round for 556 and $0.45 a round for 9mm. So its not really a CTD thing either.

Look at it this way; TP is being rationed at the walmart. Youre only allowed like 1 package, if they even have it, which they dont. Its regular price though! So would you like to have the option of buying a limited something at regular price but it be sold out, or an unlimited amount of something at an inflated cost?
I have M855 listed locally for $0.40 a round, and no one is biting on it.

·
Registered
29,931 Posts
Most companies continued to offer normal retail on in-stock items when available.
It seemed .22 and .223/5.56 ammo was the only ammo to go OOS for months.

_
exactly, so how many people bought $50 pmags from CTD?

nobody I know.

if people are willing to pay those prices because they're dumb, then that's not an issue for me.
it's just capitalism, nobody is forcing anyone to do business with CTD.

so I say again, no such thing as price gouging for anything other than a mandated or required service.

·
Change is good.
35,194 Posts
I put some used 223 brass for $1.50 a round. I’ve already sold 800 rounds on there. :homer::laughing:
:blackflipoff2:
Really?

I've got 3 7g buckets full of once fired .223/5.56 brass. I really don't need it all. I've got 1200 rounds of Lapua for precision re-loads, and probably 15-20k of various make brass.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts

Exactly.

·
I'm not your buddeh
13,072 Posts
If you are buying ammo because you have a "NEED"....then you are buying too late.

You buy when supplies are plentiful and cheap. I was buying 1000rds of wolf gold for 269 shipped. Now it is 400 bux from Targetsportsusa.

If you need it, you pay premium. The trick is to buy it when you DONT need it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts