Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
That is BEE-U-tiful! :cool2: :smokin:

So clean, especially the engine and driveline. The crated engine makes me think you had the 1HZ shipped in (duh!). Please tell me where and how you sourced such a clean 1HZ from fan to xfer. I'd like to learn.

And speak to the motor mount and other engine/driveline fitment issues. I'd like to do that to an LV if the F eng is not rebuildable or missing. No hurry. :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
If I had the money (stupid tuition!), I think I know who I'd send a 'cruiser for restification!

If you don't mind, about how much does something like this go for?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
You suck...and yet you rock at the same time...you surock!
Cool project, kep the pics and progress reports coming please!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, we hope to wrap it up real quick.

The 1HZ was purchased and shipped to me by my customer through G&S Cruisers and I think the price was around 7K not including the PTO in the box.

The mini truck PS pump just cleared by 1/8" and I would most likely use a scout box on the next project.

1 inch body made for good clearance on the transmission, although I would prefer not body lift at all.

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Dang Rob my jaw hit the floor. That is going to be one increadible rig! Nice work man.

Mark

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
helocat said:
Dang Rob my jaw hit the floor. That is going to be one increadible rig! Nice work man.

Mark
Thanks Mark, we are having some fun with this project.

People are still floored we are doing it in a two car garage, short of the paint.

We were to be in the shop last month but more hold ups on the owners end, hope to be thier next month. Two bays with a paint booth large enough for two 40 series cruisers on 44s, adding on another 35 by 20 foot fabrication and body work bay.

Rob

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GreenPig said:
What turbo are you going to run?
No turbo on this rig.

If I were to run a turbo on a 1HZ it would be the Safari, those guys seem to build good kits.

Rob

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Radd Cruisers said:
No turbo on this rig.
*yawn*

Boring! :flipoff2:

I dunno if I could live without one, after driving a non turbo. Too many trips over the continental divide...

How about crank bearings? improved oil pressure?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Radd Cruisers said:
Thanks guys, we hope to wrap it up real quick.

The 1HZ was purchased and shipped to me by my customer through G&S Cruisers and I think the price was around 7K not including the PTO in the box.

Very nice work. love the clean look of the 45.. Wish I can put a 1HZT in a 40 one day. :) We have lots and lots of 1HZs and 1HZTs here in Pakistan.. I believe one can get a 1HZ-T for a little less then you got it for here in Pakistan..
Ehsan

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ehsankiani said:
Very nice work. love the clean look of the 45.. Wish I can put a 1HZT in a 40 one day. :) We have lots and lots of 1HZs and 1HZTs here in Pakistan.. I believe one can get a 1HZ-T for a little less then you got it for here in Pakistan..
Ehsan
Thats 7K Canadian, could you land a low milage engine transmission transfercse for less than that?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Can you show us a pic of how the shifters poke thru the trans tunnel? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Saawweeet Rob!
Looks beautiful! Canadian exchange rate last I checked is about 75% so $1 Canadian dollar = $.75 US Dollars. So in USD that is a little under $5G complete, pretty neat! Also AFAIK those 1HZ did not have problems with bearings and oil pressure, just the 1HD-T's (and only some of them?)...

www.gscruiserparts.com is the source, pretty neat!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts