Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I am looking at swapping in a rear elocked fzj80 axle into my 2002 tacoma. My tacoma currently has an elocker, is it just a plug and play type of deal for the cruiser axle to get that locker to work? I don't have the axle yet, just trying to plan ahead.

·
Registered
877 Posts
There is a good chance it is plug and play, there is a chance however that they used a different style plug. When you get the fj80 axle, look at the 2 plugs and i they are the same you will be fine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
if the plugs don't match, look into what wires do what and how many. the taco has one 5 wire plug, the motor, and one 2 wire plug, lock position sensor. likely that the 2 wire connector would be the same. if the 5 wire plug isn't the same, but both are 5 wire, you could just re-pin the cruiser plug/wires into the taco connector.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I looked at the pictures I took last week of the FJZ80 connector on my third it also is a 6 pin connector using only five wires along with the two pin connector with the two wires, I am 90% sure it will be plug and play.

·
Registered
325 Posts
They dont match. Different control basis. You'll need a new harness. I have a 9.5 elocker in my truck and the 8" harness didn't work.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jsyk- avoid snapping a shaft in those elocked rears. Usually requires surgery to remove
That's generally my goal when wheeling, to not snap a shaft on either end. Even if you have a 14bolt or any other axle its a pain the ass to remove a snapped shaft and usually requires major surgery to remove all the broken parts....

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They dont match. Different control basis. You'll need a new harness. I have a 9.5 elocker in my truck and the 8" harness didn't work.
Cool thanks man!

·
Registered
891 Posts
That's generally my goal when wheeling, to not snap a shaft on either end. Even if you have a 14bolt or any other axle its a pain the ass to remove a snapped shaft and usually requires major surgery to remove all the broken parts....
Like cutting open the housing kind of surgery ;)
It usually snaps and you can't remove the 3rd or get the chunk of shaft out from the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts