Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tranny 1: 84 g-52 w/ a front shifting
tranny 2: 82 g-52 w/ a top shifting

tranny 1 is going out, hideous noise in 1,2,3,5,R. im buying tranny 2. so heres the question:

is there a way to mate the trans portion of tranny 2 to tranny 1 so i still have a front shifter? the reason why you ask? well i will be going dual in the future, save my self the time and money on coverting, and that way i dont have to cut a hole int he floor. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
mobil1syn said:
tranny 1: 84 g-52 w/ a front shifting
tranny 2: 82 g-52 w/ a top shifting

tranny 1 is going out, hideous noise in 1,2,3,5,R. im buying tranny 2. so heres the question:

is there a way to mate the trans portion of tranny 2 to tranny 1 so i still have a front shifter? the reason why you ask? well i will be going dual in the future, save my self the time and money on coverting, and that way i dont have to cut a hole int he floor. thanks in advance.

#2 is not a "g" it is a L52 and is 4" shorter than the tranny you have, and it is cast iron not aluminum like the g52-g54 would be. the g trannys are "ALL" forward shifting. you could used a top shifting t-case on a forward shifting tranny is you cover the shifter hole were the forward shifting t-case handle would go. but if you are planning to put a duel case in just cut the floor out and then cover it up untill you put it in. try to get a w56( efi tranny) and if you get a late model one like 88-95 it will be forward shifting like the "g" series trannys are. just a heads up

Cliff

so

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the guy sellign it is misrepresenting what he has?

ok then my next question would be, what trannys will be a direct replacement as my 84 g-52? i.e. will bolt up and be the same lenght, the top/foprward junk doesnt bother me as much as length. i dont have the money or the time to mess with the d-shafts and other worries. thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
mobil1syn said:
so the guy sellign it is misrepresenting what he has?

ok then my next question would be, what trannys will be a direct replacement as my 84 g-52? i.e. will bolt up and be the same lenght, the top/foprward junk doesnt bother me as much as length. i dont have the money or the time to mess with the d-shafts and other worries. thanks for all the help guys.
a
g52-g54 years84-88( later model carborated)
w56 years85-95
turbo r151 years 85-88
and if you can find one a r151 will bolt right in but the t-case will have a different input shaft, so try to find one that has the t-case on it allready. the g is the weakest, then the w56 is next stronger, then the r151 turbo tranny is the strongest one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.