Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cleaning house to get $$ for the buggy...
All items are in Newnan, GA 30263.
Post here or PM with questions...

23) 1985 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 ($750)
~2.8L V-6, runs fair
~automatic transmission, recently replaced,
~Body is in good shape, interior is better

Jeep pics here

24) 1984 Toyota truck ($2800firm)
~22R, carbuerated
~2WD 4-spd transmission
~dual t-cases
~Dana 44's front/rear with 4.88's and welded differentials
~Axles are from Scout II, Approx. WMS: front=60.5", rear=58.5"
~Rear axle has disc brake conversion with large Chevy master cylinder
~Front axle has custom cross-over steering on flat-top knuckles with Toy IFS steering box, uses race-type heim joint rod ends, Warn premium hubs
~Front is supended with 4" YJ leaf springs
~Rear is suspended with 63" Chevy springs
~Bed is bobbed and in rough shape
~Cab and front clip are in good shape
~Rides on 15/35/15 Super Swampers, over 60% tread left

These are the pics that were taken by the guys that I bought it from: http://photos.yahoo.com/flipttj
There are a few in here from a trip to Tellico. Check pages 2 and 3: http://www.pbase.com/stomper/tellico_10-18-03

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Pics of the Toyota, please:D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Thanks Tom, but I know that truck or at least when it was orange, I thought it sounded familiar, to me. A friend is looking for something in the 84-85. Slightly built. So I will pass it along to him.
ttt:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Bump for Tom, he needs to finish another project!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you sell it yet man? I'm looking for a reliable daily wheeler and the price seems right on this one. I'm trying to get rid of my old ifs dog Chevy but when I do I will have the cash in hand. I'm interested I could come pick up on a trailer. I take it the 4spd means it's an automatic? How difficult would a 5 spd swap be in this truck? What kind of gas mileage if any do you see out of it. Please e-mail me some pics. Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ben,

I do still have the Toy. As far as the tranny, it is a 4-spd manual. I also have a 5-spd manual w/t-case that I could through in for the right deal.

What type of Chevy are you selling? I need a tow rig and may be interested in partial trades.

·
Registered
6 Posts
97 Z-71 Ext Cab. It's white and I am currently returning it back to as stock as I can before I sell it. http://members8.clubphoto.com/ben531842/1407432/owner-ed77.phtml Those are photos of what it looks like now. I'm selling the wheels and painted grille and stuff to try and pay down some more on it. I'd like to get 10k out of it as is with 125k miles on it and 4 good tires. It also has a tonneau and spray in bedliner. A trade plus some cash would work for me. OH yeah this truck tows AWESOME. I've got Air Adjustable shocks in the rear so you can stiffen up the rear end when towing a heavy load. I have towed many cars for my buddies without incident. It already has a trailer brake controller and 7 way plug wired up. Let me know. My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Couple more questions on the truck. What is the bolt pattern of the wheels? Cuz I have 2 sets of wheels for a 6 on 5.5 Chevy. Is there any rust on the truck? I'm just asking b/c it looks like you have done some cutting on the bed and i know from experience that metal rusts very quickly when it is exposed. Also how rough is the bed? Any current pics of how it sits now?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wanta,

Nice truck but out of my range for now. As far as the body is concerned, from the cab forward is in good shape. The bed is a rust bucket. That is why they had been cutting on it. If I were going to keep it, it would get a flat bed. The wheels are 5 on 5.5". I was thinking about your wording: "daily wheeler". I drive it daily, but only about 10 miles each way. If it is going to be run farther than that then I would recommend a different set of tires. These things shake like heck. Being 35" tall and 15" wide, I don't thintk they can be balanced! LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I drive about 10 miles each way to work everyday but on teh weekend I'll drive 400 or more miles to go ride my MX bike. Sorry you aren't interested in a trade. If I get my truck sold soon I'll let you know.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wantatoy said:
I drive about 10 miles each way to work everyday but on teh weekend I'll drive 400 or more miles to go ride my MX bike. Sorry you aren't interested in a trade. If I get my truck sold soon I'll let you know.
TRADE? Sure! Truck for truck I presume? :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts