Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rough night at our place. Gabe rolled his 80. Lost a lot of paint, but no dents or broken glass. Roofrack is MIA. Rear ladder is crumpled beyond belief. And he broke both front control arms, the front axle just flops. He also broke a U joint at the transfer case. I guess this is what a father should expect when he starts bolting Ford parts on under the body of his 80. It is sort of dark, sorry the pictures are sort of grainy. Luckily there was a Toyota mini truck close by to help with the extraction.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rat70FJ said:
Looks suspeciously like a cheap RC truck to me. Needed some axle retention straps to keep those coils from coming apart!
Much smaller than a RC. He has an RC 60 series with Ford running gear in it too (why are all the toys Fords?) and two RC 100 series.

Scroll to the bottom for a full description and photo of the rig prior to the roll.
http://www.nwcruisers.com/rigs/eric_vogt/rig5.htm

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Sorry dude, I call shenanigans...
Gabe can't work any RC controls yet. YOU Rolled his 80.

I'm saving those pix til he's old enough to sue you.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'll sue him. He already put a dent in the silver 80. He should have been doing a better job spotting when he put me into that rock and I took out the rear driveshaft. He's sort of a crazy driver. He almost took out the fence the last time he drove the 80. His new deal is that he gets in and sits down in the PS front seat and puts his seatbelt on. He thinks that if he does this he doesn't have to go in his car seat. Oh and this isn't an RC car! He does drive his RC cars, he crashes them a lot. He loves chasing his puppy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts