Pirate 4x4 banner

921 - 940 of 961 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
and united behind republicans you will all fall too.

:flipoff2:

You don't seem to grasp the concept of revolution from within, Same concept of building a hotrod off a running late model chassis because it's easier to start with a base than it is from scratch.

Get your Libertarian asses out and win some primaries, until you can do that with a semi conservative base, you have no business running as third party.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #924
You don't seem to grasp the concept of revolution from within, Same concept of building a hotrod off a running late model chassis because it's easier to start with a base than it is from scratch.

Get your Libertarian asses out and win some primaries, until you can do that with a semi conservative base, you have no business running as third party.

riiight.

hows that tea party thing working out?
Isn't that when libertarians tried to change the republican party from within?
low taxes, freedom, all those sorts of things?

Where'd they all go?

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Here's a noodle scratcher for you:

Since the bump stock isn't a gun, and no guns were banned/confiscated/destroyed from it's banishment, is it actually a Second Amendment issue or is it really a 9th and 10th amendment issue?

Constitutional violations to be sure, but maybe it's less "muh 2nd amendment" and more complex for people to comprehend
Since ammunition isn't a gun, would regulations against ammunition be a second amendment issue?

·
Non-Lemming
78,530 Posts
riiight.

Where'd they all go?
They were co-opted and then neutralized.

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
riiight.

Where'd they all go?
I'd argue that some ran for office, some have been paying attention, some got elected, some are still fighting from within, and a lot are voting. Just because they don't call themselves Tea party anymore doesn't mean they vanished from this earth. As a whole, the GOP is considerably more conservative than it was 10 years ago. Just because you can point to Mitt's and Susan Collins in the party still doesn't mean there hasn't been an influence. There have been setbacks as well from phonies that were voted in as Tea party that have turned to be anything but like Justin Amash. Change is slow and intentionally so in this country.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
Since ammunition isn't a gun, would regulations against ammunition be a second amendment issue?
No, not at all. The federal government could place a 2900% tax on ammo and I'd be okay with it because ammo is not guns so I keep the 2nd and trump got muh 401k kicking ass. I got 3 cases of Fud ought six so I'm good anyways. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #929
No, not at all. The federal government could place a 2900% tax on ammo and I'd be okay with it because ammo is not guns so I keep the 2nd and trump got muh 401k kicking ass. I got 3 cases of Fud ought six so I'm good anyways. :flipoff2:
well it would be fine but only if certain ammunition was left unbanned.

.45acp obviously would be exempted, as only antiques fire it.

9mm is evil hi capacity pistol round fired from untraceable glock 7s, and must be banned.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
know what, fuck it, I'm leaving that one
strikethrough tags being allowed is so 1998, get with the times chump

·
Registered
49 Posts
well it would be fine but only if certain ammunition was left unbanned.

.45acp obviously would be exempted, as only antiques fire it.

9mm is evil hi capacity pistol round fired from untraceable glock 7s, and must be banned.
I love me some antique .45acp , I'm fond of it's knock down ability , but if I'm ever in doubt , out comes the S&W .500 because wheel guns get'r done. :D

·
Registered
38,238 Posts
Here's a noodle scratcher for you:

Since the bump stock isn't a gun, and no guns were banned/confiscated/destroyed from it's banishment, is it actually a Second Amendment issue or is it really a 9th and 10th amendment issue?

Constitutional violations to be sure, but maybe it's less "muh 2nd amendment" and more complex for people to comprehend
I'll take "posts that weren't very well though out" for a thousand, Alex.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Obviously it's a second amendment issue, how can you keep and bear arms to protect against tyranny, without ammunition? A firearm is only a blunt striking object, without ammunition.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
Until the libertarians pull their head out of their asses with the open border beliefs, they'll never be relevant

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Personally, I'm torn on this issue.

On the one hand, I'm a big supporter of secure US borders. On the other hand, the national debt is 23 fuck trillion dollars... and I really don't want to jack with climbing a wall 15 years from now when I'm sneaking into Mexico for work.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts

On the one hand, I'm a big supporter of secure US borders. On the other hand, the national debt is 23 fuck trillion dollars... and I really don't want to jack with climbing a wall 15 years from now when I'm sneaking into Mexico for work.
Don't worry, in 15 years you will just walk into California and get the same thing, but no wall to cross. I wonder when Silicon Valley is going to put a wall and mote around their little kingdom?

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Until the libertarians pull their head out of their asses with the open border beliefs, they'll never be relevant

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
fortunately, I don't need to agree 100% with a party line to see that they are relevant.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts

didja see that we've got a trillion dollar deficit with this latest budget?

but by gawd, at least them 18-20 year olds can't buy smokes no more!!

921 - 940 of 961 Posts