Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to see if anyone has replaced the large rubber hose that goes from filler neck to tank. Mine has a hole in it,called toyota and they want $72.00 for it. Can I use a 2 inch rad hose or will the gas eat thru it? 1983 toyota SR5 4x4. Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Pretty sure gas will eat through radiator hose material. Can't you go find one at a junk yard?

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
OOP'S said:
Raqd hose not spected for gas, Go to a P-N-P and find one that will work!!!:D

You're slow this morning!:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out here all the toyotas are still being driven,(none in boneyards),anyone know where to buy 2 inch gas hose?

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
If the hose on a 2WD and a 4x4 are the same I got one you can have for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AS soon as it stops raining I will go out and measure the the hose,nice of you to offer.Maybe we can work things out I really do not want to give toyota $72.00.:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I don't mean to be a spammer, but check on eBay. So far I have seen a guy that has two for sale right now that should work for yours. His asking price is something like $5.00 and $6.00 shipping. May want to check it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As far as wrecking yards go, I have had good luck with Ferman's Foreign Mini in Garbage Grove.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I bought some years ago to replaces someones radiator hose job on my Scout. I paid like $6.00 a foot at Autozone. They had several different sizes to pick from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts