Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In prep for my 4 link, I relocated the gas tank back 4 inches and up 2 inches. I exteded the frame back 5 inches and added a bumper that will be an air tank. I ran a 2" square sleeve up in the frame, plug welded it in, used a 3x3 square as the extension, plug welded it to the sleeve and butt welded the whole mess together..

Than the fawking rain came... :(

Much Much more to come!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do you have a CJ? Looks like the tank is metal! just curios how the body will go over the tank, will you have to cut out the back under the tailgate?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
CJ tanks are metal.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Why not just go with a fuel cell in the bed? That would leave plenty of room underneath for your 4 link.

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigmpety8 said:
Why not just go with a fuel cell in the bed? That would leave plenty of room underneath for your 4 link.
Ice Chest, big tool and parts box and kiddie racing seat!

No room man... not a full out comp rig!

just curios how the body will go over the tank, will you have to cut out the back under the tailgate?
Have to do a 2" body lift :( but needed the clearance for the flat clocked Atlas and NV4500!) I may have to trim a little strip of metal off the body in the very back!

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ThePagan said:
About time you got that thing put together... :shaking:
ROTFLMAO.... ya it was pretty good for a while then it broke in Gilmer and made me mad.

So I killed it!!!!

Gonna be a little while on this set of upgrades!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts