Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the deal. ive been running the stock tank with a kilby skid under it, but i really need to move my axle back to correct some angles of the driveshaft. I have thought about cutting out the floor and moving up the tank but i use ALL of that space for gear when i go camping and wheel'n and such, plus i still like to be able to throw the back seat in when i have passengers. like the trip this weekend for instance and for the beach trips this summer.

are there any fuel cells or tanks that i could some how make fit better in the jeep? I can move the floor up about an inch but thats going to be about the limit i think. I would like to move the 14 bolt back atleast a couple inches but i cant with the tank there. i cant rotate the pinoin any more because of interferance with the axle upper mounts.

any suggestions? im running a 20 gallon tank and i drive this thing pretty much daily.

come awn gas tank guru's gimme a hand :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
if you go with a fuel cell you will need a YJ Fuel Rail with regulator / fuel return line and you will need a fuel pump capeable of 40 psi (Ford truck with 5.0L has worked and is fairly cheep)

i opted to move my factory tank up into the bed and loose the cargo space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts