Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This if off topic. I have search the net and called around locally.
WTF do I do with gas that cant be used. I have this 5 gallon tank with about 2 gallons in it that sat in my shed for over a year. The lawn mower wont burn it. Where do I take it ?
Please dont tell me to dump it and set it on fire. I want to legitimatly recycle it.

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dang, I was gonna say dump it and burn it, but I would look up recycling centers in the phone book and call around, and if noone takes it, then get creative

·
Registered
228 Posts
Recycle gas????? Dude WTF. There has to be something worth blowing up. Maybe a cat. Use your imagination.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
a) Mix it with waste oil and take it in next time you bring your oil into the recycling center.

b) Call your garbage company. They will have a hazmat division. I wouldn't, because the last thing I want to do is wind up in some computer on some list as a "hazardous waste producer".

c) Burn it.

The decision is yours.

-t

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
just fill up your DD, drive it around for a day, then add the shit gas, or maybe 1/2 of it, then add the rest the next time you fill up. if the car has any kind of decent sized gas tank it shouldnt matter.

personally, i would burn it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've got a better idea. Your going to need lots of styrofoam, but you could make napalm. Just mix it together untill the gas gels. Then you can store it somwhere and keep it on hand for next time you need to burn something. Let me ask you a question. What is wrong with burning it? That's sorta what would happen to it if you put it in your car.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I would burn it, Its just that I live in a suburbia hell. Im like 5 feet away from a neighbor on either side of me and hardly any front or back yard.
I guess theres always a campfire.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Davethorik said:
just fill up your DD, drive it around for a day, then add the shit gas, or maybe 1/2 of it, then add the rest the next time you fill up. if the car has any kind of decent sized gas tank it shouldnt matter.
Exactly. The shit gas will be so diluted with good gas it won't matter.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Know what you mean about sububrbian hell. You should have seen it when my fan got shreddded my radiator and sprayed enough antifreeze in the road to kill all 101 dalmatians. Thought they were going to call the EPA.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ok I won't do what you said...to tell you to dump it and set it on fire.

put pieces of styrofoam in it and let it sit for a few days until the styrofoam is "gone"....then dump it and set it on fire.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
This is easy. Take it to your local fire dept. They can mix it with diesel and use for their drip torch fuel. this is a torch that is used to start back fires or training burns. If some one were to bring it to my station that is what I would do with it. But California burns all the time so you see how I think!

·
Web Wheeler For Hire
1,888 Posts
a) Mix it with waste oil and take it in next time you bring your oil into the recycling center.
That doesn't work here, if they smell gas in the old oil they won't take it and re-direct you to haz-mat.

Any dump should be able take it.

2 gallons? 1 year? It would have been in my daily driver just before a fill up and been long gone. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts