Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
I dunno....I really think a roll like that could happen to the best of us.

And to say that you would keep your arms and feet in is hard to say until you are in the position.

I was doing a nose dive endo last month and I looked up and my leg was hanging out.

An unnammed LSLC member (Texican) put his arm out when he was tippy in those ditch pics he posted.

It happens and yes, I have rolled my Cruiser on easier stuff than that dude was on ;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wow, his cage got pretty fawked. Shit happens I guess. It looked like he rolled over his leg, wonder if he got fawked as well?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
he's fine. he admitted it was dumb but just instinct to try to keep from tipping over...soon as he realized what was happening/he was going over he yanked it back in. bruised arm or something is all he got. it was an orfab sport cage, and it failed on the lasercut portion of the bracket with the ORF in it. the bolts that hold it to the firewall also lost the heads. he had the 4x4 shop in moab build him a new cage and he was back out the next day.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
wngrog said:
An unnammed LSLC member (Texican) put his arm out when he was tippy in those ditch pics he posted.;)
As long as we are tossing out indiscretions my last glimpse of another unnamed LSLC member (Nolen) during his roll on Rocker Knocker was of his leg AND arm sticking out the side of the truck...........scared the fawk out of me.......
Butch

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Rock Taxi said:
I re-learned at parties in college to go ahead and fall. There was little chance of staying upright no matter how hard I fought it. :D

Ed
well........now I don't have to ask what happened to your face...... :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I can't wait for Mark to get the prototypes done of the 80 series cages. Got to protect my little guy, plus I need to stay alive to take care of him. What grade bolts should be used to secure a cage? Soft or Hard?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
that guy should have bought a lottery ticket that day, he's lucky he's still got that leg.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I was a little harsh on that first post. I know I've yelled at many a driver on the trail to get their friggin arms back in the truck. The scary part was the KATO on the cage. Glad to hear that he was back out wheeling the next day. Gotta get right back on the horse.

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
Reddog said:
that guy should have bought a lottery ticket that day, he's lucky he's still got that leg.
one of the guys earned the short lived nick name "kick stand" from trying to fend off a flop with his leg :D

short lived only because he seems to top each disaster cheating stunt with another :beer:

and each time,.... he comes away unscathed! :eek: amazing! :beer:

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
About 10 years ago, I was on a run down on the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation testing out my new Saginaw steering conversion.

Made an uphill turn that I had no problem cutting into on previous trips with the manual steering. The saginaw didn't make the corner fast enough, but with the H42 and the ARB, the truck kept going, in slo-mo. As the truck started going over my shotgun stuck his leg out on the low side and literally pushed the truck back from the break point! :eek:

I've re-lived the episode in my head many times, and it's one of the reasons I'm still SUA! It didn't hurt that he is 6'5" either! :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
We have all done it, and personally I don't mind people yelling at me to get my arms/legs in. Its kind of a wake up call, when actions cause reactions.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts