Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to change the gear lube in all of my drive train (trans,tcases,diffs,ect). For the tranny (my biggest concern) i want to run something good because its got a little wear on it. I would like to run syn but its just so expensive. I know Lucus makes good products, I've used the oil stabilizer lots of times. Any experiance with either? Likes/dislikes? I am looking at either Lucus, Royal Purple syn, or Valvoline syn

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Redline in the tranny, amsoil in the rest of your junk (www.4x4Oil.com).

Redline (I believe MT90) made a HUGE difference in the way my tranny shifted, WELL WORTH IT.
x11ty billion... night and day difference.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Put synthetic in the tranny, Its worth the money and just dump whatever else into the t-case n diffs. Vavoline has a decent synthetic that I have had success with, I was able to get a 5 gallon of havoline for t-cases and diffs that I finally used up. It was about $50 IIRC
________
Aphrodita cam

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I run normal oil in the diffs... probably swap-out to some anti-shock synthetic when I change covers, I change it ~2x a year so I dunno if it's worth the tons of extra money in the diffs. Engine, Tranny, Transfer all synhetic.

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
I run straight lucas front and rear diffs, 80w90 cheap shit in the case, and getting ready to put the valvoline synthetic in the trannies, but the lucas in the diffs has smoothed out the lockers considerably

·
Registered
793 Posts
need to change the gear lube in all of my drive train (trans,tcases,diffs,ect). For the tranny (my biggest concern) i want to run something good because its got a little wear on it. I would like to run syn but its just so expensive. I know Lucus makes good products, I've used the oil stabilizer lots of times. Any experiance with either? Likes/dislikes? I am looking at either Lucus, Royal Purple syn, or Valvoline syn
Lucas has synthetic. Not too bad on pricing depending on the dealer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I run Lucas in my diffs with excellent results. I run John Deere Hy-Gard in my
automatic trans -transfer cases ( 203/205 ) and power steering the Hy-Gard only cost about 2.50$ per Qt. so far works awsome and very cost effective
Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
I'd run Amsoil LONG before I'd run Lucas in the diffs. That being said, I am also an Amsoil dealer, but obviously thats not as well known as CUE :D Either way, no matter who you choose to buy from, you can't go wrong with Amsoil.
Scott

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Severe Gear from Amsoil in the diffs..HANDS DOWN the fawking stuff to have. Ask the CORR guys that were changing gears every race with traditional synthetics and gaer lube, that made the swap to severe gear 250 and now go a season. Next, if you have ARB's or detroits, they'll last longer with the shockloading protection of the new lube.

In the tranny, we just swapped to the Type F racing fluid in a dexron tranny based on another thread I saw and studied up on recently. I did the fluid change yesterday and the already like the shifts better...we'll see how it works over time but I'm looking forward to positive results with what I've seen already. The KOH TJ tranny always had a "sloppy" feel to it and I'm hoping it's a thing of the past.

Another vote for www.4x4oil.com for great service.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Thanks alot all for the kind words, I really do appreciate it (I guess I must be doing something right with all the positive responses).

That being said, I run Amsoil in my custom built trans and it shifts great, and lowere the overall fluid temps (which is always a great thing).

LEt me know what you need and I will get you some great pricing, I always take care of the PBB folks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Dirk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Another Amsoil plug. I am also a "dealer" but I don't sell to people. I am just a dealer so I can cheaper pricing on Amsoil for my personal use and a few close wheeling buddies that use it. I use it throughout my 98.5 Dodge CTD towrig and am switching my offroad truck over to it now that they have the 250W gear oil out. My offroad trucks motor was switched to Amsoil last year, and gearoil will be switched soon.

I have been running the Redline Shockproof 250w gear oil in my diffs for about 7 years now and love it as well. It makes a ton of difference on keeping my lockright quite, and I have had very minor gear related problems while running it in my diffs.

Harley

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks alot all for the kind words, I really do appreciate it (I guess I must be doing something right with all the positive responses).

That being said, I run Amsoil in my custom built trans and it shifts great, and lowere the overall fluid temps (which is always a great thing).

LEt me know what you need and I will get you some great pricing, I always take care of the PBB folks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Dirk
sounds good...I actually called and left a message yesterday. I will try again though -j

1 - 20 of 22 Posts