Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a CJ rear Dana 44 and installing a True Trac and some 3.73's to go under a Sammy. I'll try to get some pics of the coast side tomorrow. This one look good to go as far as drive side is concerned..? Backlash tightened up to .003 from .006-.007 after switching set up carrier bearings to permanent ones so I know I need to adjust that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's the pattern with setup bearings and same carrier bearing shims
Could stand to soften up the bottom edge of the pattern on both I believe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is where it gets confusing to me on interpretation of patterns. It looks fairly centered "face to flank" to me..? Looking at lots of other threads plenty of times very similar patterns were deemed acceptable. I'm gonna try your suggestion regardless to see how it affects the mesh. Appreciate the insight.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Face to flank is the inside valley to the peak... not inner diameter to outer diameter. The contact depth is more important than the heel/toe dimension by far...

The marking is showing that the majority of the contact is occuring on the inside. So where you do have contact its concentrated deep on the ring and, conversely, mosy likely on the edge of the pinion tooth. Also fix the backlash... obviously

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ysr I follow the face and flank logic. Got backlash opened up to .008-.009 on my lunch break today and pattern is pretty much identical to my second pic. I'll try the pinion depth adjustments tomorrow if I can make time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts