Pirate 4x4 banner

Gear pattern opinions

848 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  98hd 
#1 ·
14 bolt .012 backlash Used gear set.

1st time doing used gears and could use some outside opinions on the pattern. I've heard to not worry much about the drive side on used sets, but I'm leery of ignoring it altogether.

Here is the drive side, you can see the coast at the bottom of the pic.

If I tighten the B/L to .009 the coast looks more centered, but the drive goes towards the toe a bit, although it looks pretty centered. I like the coast better w/ the tighter B/L, but worried about the drive being closer to the toe.

See less See more
#2 ·
Have any pics of it the other way? This pattern looks good, but backlash at .012 seems large, but they are used gears so maybe it is okay.

#6 ·
Pattern looks good, .005-.006 is quite tight. The recommended range is .006-.010. Should be ok though.

#7 ·
Since this gearset is used, pay attention to the COAST side of the gear teeth. Also you want the pattern to be centered between the root and the crown of the tooth. Do not put any effort into getting it centered between the toe and heel. The Yukon Gear manual goes over this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.