Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only problem i see for not having them is the 6.72:1 gear ratio - except this everything goes well .
The one for me is the 4.88:1 or 5.13:1 - but the only version that has that is the civilian one .
So , my question is - can i machine a new ring and pinion ?
Did any body has done it before ?
Can you please post pic's of the pinion ? - i've seen the ring and with the machines i have i don't see a major problem for not doing that - but there must be a secert part inside that makes it s bit tricky .

Thanks

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i wouldn't run a rockwell with less than a 40" tire and they are just fine going down the road with 42s or 44s with a overdrive. hell my cruiser does better down the road than it ever did. mike

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
gunracer1 said:
i wouldn't run a rockwell with less than a 40" tire and they are just fine going down the road with 42s or 44s with a overdrive. hell my cruiser does better down the road than it ever did. mike
you put rockwells under the white gray colored cruiser?!!

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
yea i am running a rockwell under the rear of it. hell the last 4 times out i have broke axles. so i hope that will solve the problem. i have the rear installed still have to do the front. but it runs down the road at 65 no sweat and those damn old military lug itres ride better than my super swampers. and they worked alot better on the trail than i would have imagined. mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on guys .

I need to know if its been done , i have this option of buying two axles ( rear and front ) at 500$ , and i won't do that unless i'll know i can change the ratio .

BTW - i want to have 4.88 or 5.13 because i'll run the rig slow - on rocks and mud and fast - on speed racing .

Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm running rockwells on 44's and run 70mph on the highway without overdrive, hummin but does fine. I don't run much mud but have run plenty of sand and have never had too much gear IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts