Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I was wondering how much you others payed to have your 5.29's or any gears swapped into both the 8 and 7 1/2 pumpkins. Cuz i got charged $200 and the new auto shop down the street said i payed too much. What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
For bench work (you took the diff's out of the truck and to them) $200 per diff seems o the top end of reasonable.

For in-the-truck work - that's a good deal :)

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Depends, is that $200 for both thirds? and did you take in the center sections to them or the whole vehicle? If you took the vehicle in, $200 per third would still be a good and fair price for everyone. If you took the thrids in, the price would seem a little steep, if it was $200 ea.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Did you get all new carrier and pinion bearings? If so, that is a hell of a deal. A local shop here wants 300 per diff so consider yourself lucky

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
A local shop here I had set up gears in my Dana axle on my Scout charged me $100 for each axle. I had to buy all the parts and take him the bare axles. I've don't know if the Toyota thirds are harder to do or not. One thing you have to consider though prices on anything across the country will vary a little. Alot of things back here on the east coast are a little cheaper than out west,mostly due to the cost of living. Does this shop give any kind of warrenty? Seems a little high but if they supplied some parts or give a little warrenty it's probly not to bad of a deal.

Thats just my opinion:D :D

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
you got a deal if you took them the diffs and 2 sets were installed for that price. mine were $175 for 2 sets instlled i took them to him with all new bearings and seals. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts