Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gear Works 10" High Pinion Rear, 35 sp. Spool 5.43 New Ford 9"

I have a new Gear Works 10" High Pinion rear diff, 35 spline, 5.43 for sale. This has approximately 20 street miles only! Modified Ford 9" housing friendly.

10" Complete Center Section, Rear High Pinion (HP), 35 Spline Spool, 5.43, REM 10" - 9310 Ring & Pinion 1.750", Differential Ship Container, Test Run Min. 30 Minutes
$2995.00 + the ride (normal price $3286.00) can deliver on Feb. 4th. to KOH 2017

Les 702-463-7760 [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Tera 60 style Ford 9" axle housings (2006 era) and they are notched and fit the GW diff fine. I had LP aluminum center sections prior. I now have the same set up center section but with a Gear Works billet locker.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a HP 10" ring gear center section. Works in a conventional style housing not a "flipped" style housing.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Can't find any details on their website about max pinion angle. Do you have any info?

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Can't find any details on their website about max pinion angle. Do you have any info?
I'm not sure I understand the question? As you know, depending on fixed yoke or CV style the pinion angle on the rear end is different but needs to be correct. Their center sections have special oiling for the high pinion arrangement. I hope this helps? If not let me know and I will get you the correct answer.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question? As you know, depending on fixed yoke or CV style the pinion angle on the rear end is different but needs to be correct. Their center sections have special oiling for the high pinion arrangement. I hope this helps? If not let me know and I will get you the correct answer.
Sorry, I may have been a little vague. I have a Hi-9 in my front axle and I know True Hi-9 says max pinion angle for a front axle with their 3rd is 5 degrees and when installing one of their 3rds in the rear 15 degrees is max. Just wondered if Gearworks calls out a max pinion angle. I run 63" leaf springs and am just being lazy and don't want to redo the spring perches yet but would like the clearance of a high pinion in the rear and the added beef of the Gearworks unit.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I may have been a little vague. I have a Hi-9 in my front axle and I know True Hi-9 says max pinion angle for a front axle with their 3rd is 5 degrees and when installing one of their 3rds in the rear 15 degrees is max. Just wondered if Gearworks calls out a max pinion angle. I run 63" leaf springs and am just being lazy and don't want to redo the spring perches yet but would like the clearance of a high pinion in the rear and the added beef of the Gearworks unit.
I understand. I don't believe there is a limiting factor for GW but I am checking with Jeremy now. I will have a answer for you shortly. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a message from Gear Works, hope this helps? We are a dealer for Gear Works, anything you may need just let us know. I will have this center section at KOH if that works for you? Thanks for your interest.

"15° is pretty safe, we have had guys run as much as 20° in the rear but that’s a little sketchy".

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Here is a message from Gear Works, hope this helps? We are a dealer for Gear Works, anything you may need just let us know. I will have this center section at KOH if that works for you? Thanks for your interest.

"15° is pretty safe, we have had guys run as much as 20° in the rear but that’s a little sketchy".
Thanks a bunch! Definitely helps.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Single load bolt, 2nd load bolt boss is there but that is where the oil level plug is. Can be changed to a 2 load bold version.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
You must be the only person on earth running hi pinion 9" front and rear, with 63" Chevys:laughing:

Sorry seller, had to point it out.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Ha! Very possible! I’m just not ready to cut up my pretty clean 4Runner body to link the rear and make it a true buggy. The hi-9 kick ass and is such an improvement over my low pinion with pinion guard “boat anchor” that would hook everything. 39’s help also...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts