Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I go with another transmission rather than change my gears-----got 4.10 gears running 37x12.5x16.5---94 f350 c6 3 speed 5.8 351w---Thinking about changing gear to 4.88 or 5.13 but I'am hearing that changing trans might be the best thing-----what other trans would work without me having to change a bunch of things.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,093 Posts
None. If you change transmissions you will change both drive shafts and probably have to move the transmission crossmember. Also you need to make sure you have the right adapter for your transfer case.

·
blatant asshole
12,361 Posts
You can do either for about the same price.

Zf5 will def improve your current setup but that all adds up.

Id go for the zf swap because you can always drop a gear and still have the high end for no load driving. Plus the mt always suck less power.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can do either for about the same price.

Zf5 will def improve your current setup but that all adds up.

Id go for the zf swap because you can always drop a gear and still have the high end for no load driving. Plus the mt always suck less power.
My buddy got this truck with 4.10gears and he's thinking to upgrade to 5.13. It seems going to ZF swap is a better choice. The set of tires from 4Wheelonline arrived yesterday, maybe we check out for a ZF first for he got them installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts