Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Dodge 12v 5 speed 4x4, Gen 2 ABS & Brake Light On...but only sometimes. I replaced the rear diff ABS sensor, fixed my missing speedo. Speed doesn't seem to be a factor..is there a common bad wire spot? Brake pedal switch is adjusted ok. looking for a common area to start with

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Don't be a dumbass, delete this bullshit and post it in the noob forum where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you check switch on the emergency brake
Happened to mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you are correct, there is an intermittent problem in that mechanism

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a good fix, will try this soon.
Take the "recoil" spring off. Drill a 1/4" hole, (see picts) weld in a 1/4' bolt and reattach the spring reversed. It will give better tension and not slip out of the intended stock spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
1998 Dodge 12v 5 speed 4x4, Gen 2 ABS & Brake Light On...but only sometimes. I replaced the rear diff ABS sensor, fixed my missing speedo. Speed doesn't seem to be a factor..is there a common bad wire spot? Brake pedal switch is adjusted ok. looking for a common area to start with
Bro, ditch that junk. I bought a later 2nd gen assembly from 98-02, it was like 60 dollars brand new MOPAR (these 94-97 assemblies are 130).

The mechanism is totally different inside, BUT the mounting is still the same three studs, so it bolts right in. The only thing you have to do is extend your cable under the cab a couple inches, which you can do with a basic swage tool from home depot, and one of them adjustable threaded rod things.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-RAM-1500-2500-3500-Parking-brake-assembly-MOPAR-OEM-RAM/401449115641?epid=1511236313&hash=item5d783b5ff9:g:SnMAAOSwSpxZ6nLG&vxp=mtr

Notice its a totally different, simplified, and looks to be solid mechanism.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know how helpful this is but on my 99 2500 Quadcab 4x4, the abs and brake were on constantly, so I replaced the sensor on the rear diff. Then the lights would come on randomly.........I chased everything. I then tried disconnecting the plug at the abs unit, reconnecting it and pulling the fuse from the box and reinstalling. I don't know why it worked, but it did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts