Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum still trying to figure it out haha. But i really want to start a somewhat budget prerunner build, like a 2000-2006 silverado just to get my feet wet so to speak so ive got a few basic and possible stupid questions, First 1500 or 2500? are the 2500's to heavy. second 2 or 4wd (stupid question?) and just some basic things i should know before i dive into this endeavor. any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Budget and prerunner don't go together, and neither does chevy prerunner, unless you got big bucks.

What is your budget?

My advice is buy one that is already built for pennies on the $$. Building one is super time consuming, super expensive, and no offense, but if you have to ask these questions, you are way premature. Research research research, go to the desert, see what trucks work, crawl around under them, talk to the owner, pick their brains, ask for a ride, take notes, take more notes, price parts out for what model you think you want to build. Add them up, rethink budget, maybe rethink vehicle choice. It is a process.
Hey, not trying to discourage you by any means. Maybe throw a number out on what you WANT to spend? On parts only, the price of the vehicle is a given.
Good luck!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
budget; what's that?

Budget prerunner= 2wd extra cab pre 98 ford ranger with a 5 speed... Pre runner in a box. If not, sell the Chevy and buy the ranger. Probably have enough money to buy some decent shocks still

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess prerunner might be the wrong name to call it, I'm looking to daily drive it with decent travel like 10 to 15in nothing crazy just something I can beat up and maybe jump a little bit an handle some terain at a somewhat decent speed

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Ummm, you planning on moving to the desert? Otherwise I'd build what works for your local trails. Things like fiberglass fenders and 90" wide front ends don't necessarily last on east coast trails with trees around every corner. Maybe there's a ton of go fast roads up your way, if not build something you can use locally...

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Meh, just get some flat black spray paint, a HUGE Monster energy sticker, and glue some beadlock simulators on the stock wheels and paint them Monster green.....that's about the extent of most "prerunners" running around the streets these days.:shaking:

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,802 Posts
Meh, just get some flat black spray paint, a HUGE Monster energy sticker, and glue some beadlock simulators on the stock wheels and paint them Monster green.....that's about the extent of most "prerunners" running around the streets these days.:shaking:
Paint the front fenders white! :flipoff2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts