Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some times it does and sometimes it doesn't start, and it doesn't right now..

Plenty of juice, lights etc work fine but try to turn the key and nothing. No starter solenoid click, no dimming of the headlights, nada..

I bypassed the clutch switch, thinking it wasn't working but that didn't do anything. The fact that it does work sometimes has me baffled. I thought bad ignition but you can wiggle and shake all you want and nothing..

You can short the starter and it cranks, and you can even pop the clutch and the thing does start so I don't think it's a complete power cut off or else it would not start and run..

ECM maybe?

·
E. Spengler
3,831 Posts
Exact same symptoms in my buddy's 4runner a few years ago turned out to be a bad wire in the harness. I guess 20+ years of vibration did it in. I ran a new wire from the starter to the key and it worked perfectly.

I HATE intermittent electrical faults...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a tracker for a while and it would do the same thing. It ended up bein a wire that just slides onto a post on the starter solenoid. It would come loose, wiggle off and the starter wouldnt work. But all i had to do was stick it back on and worked good as new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts