Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does the bank go about getting a price on a home made tube buggy? im trying to purchase a buggy but my loan officer doesnt know how to book it out. any help would be great
thanks in advance

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but I think you are trying to buy someone else's homemade buggy.
If that is the case, then I have no real idea, but I'd use something like a cost approach for real estate appraisal...

which is where you take the land value plus the depreciated value of any improvements on the land.

For a buggy this would translate to the value of all the components after depreciation. I'd depreciate a buggy over 7 to 10 years, tires aside. Also, take note of any major damage or flaws and assess & include them as well.

Or you could just find comperable buggies for sale. Thats like the sales comparison approach for real estate appraisal. This method would be faster imo.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Its like buying a "sticker" (off-road) vehicle on a loan... except, you're gonna pay credit card rates since it has no commonly accepted retail value. You'd be better off getting a personal line of credit through your bank and then going cash in hand to buy the ride. The cool thing is that if you set up the loan before you draw, you get interest n your pre-paid cash instead of paying interest on the purchase.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Go to a Credit Union and get a line of credit. It is basically a credit card without the card. When you need money you go in and they either hand you cash or a cashiers check. You can buy whatever the fuck you want. Just tell them when you apply you need the money for home improvement or some bull shit. The interest rates are about 9%, better then most credit cards and you are dealing with a Credit Union not some bull shit credit card company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts