Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search but haven't found anything conclusive. I'm currently swapping in Yota axles on my Sami. Funds are basically dry, due to the recent purchase of my home and I want to hit the trail. I bought some cheapo US steel wheels off of Summit Racing. Got my tires mounted and when I mounted them back onto the front (85) axle the rim drags a bit on the caliper. I know wheelspacers would solve the problem, but I'm broke and need to fix this with stuff laying around. I only need a 1/4" at most.

Koko

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was leaning on doing. I also had the stupid notion of throwing a washers over each stud to shim it. But never read anything on its, I dismissed that stupid notion and came here to seek the proper help. Most likely will grind and be done with it.

Koko

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Go to a metal yard and buy some sheet billet 1/4" alum and make your own. With the right blade you can cut it with a saber saw. They do not have to be perfect. Or you can go to Pep Boys and buy those chessey cast alum ones like my buddy did and split them on the first trip out!!!! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The axle you are using is from a late model with vented discs? It is just the small ribs on the edge that rub the rim?

Just grind as little as you need to clear it. I have seen it done heaps of times with no problems after. Although its not the best solution i realy dont see a problem with it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i ground the edge on mine, about 1/4 inch or so, no probs for the last year....

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Grind the fawkers.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
just remember, that your fix may be a temporary fix until you get it done properly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts