Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a stupid question, but I have my dual cases mostly apart. Only thing not apart are the two reduction units, bolted together through a inchworm adapter. Can't unbolt the rear case because the front has to come off adapter before I can even see them, and not sure how to unbolt the front case because can't fit a socket or end wrench into the 'countersink' with the other case on. WTF? I need a super stubby socket that'll fit or am I missing something completely??

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
You should be able to unbolt the front reduction housing, while leaving the gears inside. Undo the snap rings on the input, and counter shaft. Then undo the bolts holding the housing to the adapter. Everything should just fall apart after that. Can you post pics of your situation?

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah as soon as I went back out to the garage i slipped the boxed end of an end wrench on and popped the last few bolts out... just had a shitty day and wasn't thinking straight. Anyway, got it apart, drinking while tearing that thing down and wasn't thinking straight. However, I'm sure this has been answered before... Putting 4.7's in, any advantage to putting them in the front or rear case? Thanks for the help:D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Put the 4.7's in the rear case, when they are put in the front case it stresses everything behind them while they are enguaged. The possibility of stripping a coupler or input gear is more likely with them in the front case. That is how Marlin Crawler says to set them up, he would know.

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
inchworm and jpeater adapters do not work like a/a, marlins or trail gears. you need to use an open end wrench. and when it is apart, clearance for a box end. and maybe grind on the box end to make it thinner. on the inchworm and jpeater, you must remove the front reduction to remove the adapter from the rear case.
if you can not get the bolt or nut off, grind them down and pull them out and replace after the cases have been seperated.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
inchworm and jpeater adapters do not work like a/a, marlins or trail gears. you need to use an open end wrench. and when it is apart, clearance for a box end. and maybe grind on the box end to make it thinner. on the inchworm and jpeater, you must remove the front reduction to remove the adapter from the rear case.
if you can not get the bolt or nut off, grind them down and pull them out and replace after the cases have been seperated.

actually, it's the boxed end of the wrench:D the open end is too thick. Remove the bolt until you can just barely get the wrench out (bolt and wrench will be stuck against case if you remove too much), pull out the wrench and use pliers to get the rest of the bolt out. Oh, and godamnit Chris, I know you're all about showing up, plug your product, then leave, but your link shows how to put 4.7s in a single case, has nothing to do with an inchworm dual adapter? WTF? Thanks for the 4.7s though:D got them at the jambo raffle

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
actually, it's the boxed end of the wrench:D the open end is too thick. Remove the bolt until you can just barely get the wrench out (bolt and wrench will be stuck against case if you remove too much), pull out the wrench and use pliers to get the rest of the bolt out. Oh, and godamnit Chris, I know you're all about showing up, plug your product, then leave, but your link shows how to put 4.7s in a single case, has nothing to do with an inchworm dual adapter? WTF? Thanks for the 4.7s though:D got them at the jambo raffle
I know what you are talking about. i have only run jpeaters in my personal rigs. it is annoying, but beef.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts

The question was about case disassembly. Once the case is apart you can put a dual case together or install gears. Either way the first part of the instructions posted above, has very detailed step by step instructions and close-up photos on how to dissemble the t-case.

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
The question was about case disassembly. Once the case is apart you can put a dual case together or install gears. Either way the first part of the instructions posted above, has very detailed step by step instructions and close-up photos on how to dissemble the t-case.
you just told the thread starter that his question was something other than what he was asking.
his question was how to get the tight bolts on the adapter loose with a open end wrench. heat the case if there is locktite then try again with the open ended wrench.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts