12" 2.5 SAW Coilovers
100" WB
37" MTR's
FJ60 Steering Box
XJ springs in the rear
14" 2.0 Fox smoothies

How it originally started (2002?)

After the 1st build

Joined the Polygoats Offroad Club when I started school at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and ever since then this sport has turned into more into a lifestyle than a hobby. After a dozen or so trips to JV along with a lot of Jim Beam and Franzia bag wine, this is what I've come up with as my compromise between a samurai and a trophy truck.

Started with the rear.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Decided mid-build that 35's and a short wheelbase were not what I wanted so picked up some abused threaded 2.5's and 37's and decided to link the front...

Axle side panhard

Upper link frame side mount that nobody will ever see, with a dimpled hole of course...

Upper shock mount

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Graduated college and towed it to a storage unit where it sat for 6 months.

And that brings us up to date. Moved into a new house recently and should be on the downhill leg to finishing this pile!

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I'm starting to get the notion that my Zuk doesn't belong here. That thing is freakin' sweet.
This is why you won't see a build thread of mine on here....lol

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did you make those 4link brackets or buy them good looking build
All the brackets I made except for the axle side, lower link mounts. Those I bought from Polyperformance.

are u gonna run a traction bar in the rear? just curious to know
A traction bar is not high on the to do list right now. Plan is to get it wheelable, then determine if I really need one. Probably do.

Yota axles?
Very nice work. :beer:
Yeah, yotas.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updates, some old, some new.

Picked up a new squirt gun. Brand new Miller 211. It's the mutts nuts!

Built this awhile ago, but never posted a pic.

Port and starboard lower and upper shock mounts...

Completed rear shackles

Found this while cruising the casual encounters section of craigslist. Toyota 5 speed, duals (duh). Marlin gears and adapter. Came with everything to mount it behind the sidekick motor: adapter, bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, etc. Also bought some 2" air bumps last week for the rear, cause I don't need them and I'm really dumb....butttt fuck it. Waiting on cans from FOA so I can build mounts for them.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts