Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if it aint one thing,its a thousand. i have a zuk with a 4.3,th350,toy case,fullsize d44s. i made up a mock dshaft for the rear and its like 28in with a 20 deg angle with the pinion set at 18deg.it is a 2 joint shaft. i beleive its too much angle for the 2 joint shaft. i have like 5 toy cv shafts laying in my pile of drive shafts,but i dont think they will work at that angle either. the toy cvs seem to offer little range in movement. i know on my SAS Z71 i used a stock chevy cv,and had to do a little grinding to get it to work,,but i think id have to grind too much off the toy cv to get it to work right. id love to get jesse to build me shafts,but i cant afford it. any advice?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Do you know what year the Toyota CVs that you have are off of? The CVs that came on the front of solid axle trucks offer about 30 degrees of motion and the IFS CVs offer closer to 20 degrees. Jess at High Angle can modify your IFS CV for a wider range of operating angles though, that is what I had done on mine.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are all off of solid axle trucks,,but they sure dont seem to have 30 deg range of motion. that 500buck AA adapter and the 200 buck griffen radiator has killed my budget or i would have jesse build me some shafts

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
you can fetch 41 degree's out of 85 up non c/v rear shaft parts- sounds like you have a bunch of early 84 down crap 25 degree's max.- Jesse

·
Registered
429 Posts
how much angle can you get out of the rear parts without modification?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i can go get a 85 up ifs rear shaft,i take it that its a 2 joint shaft,,,and get 41 degrees?cool,thanks man,,,,but what is so special about this shaft?

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
all non c/v 85 up mini truck shafts are 41 degree capable - use only oem toyota stuff AND YOU WILL NEVER BREAK IT- Jesse

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man,,,i might just go over to my friends house tonight and steal his rear drive shaft out of his 89,hehehe,,,,but like i asked before,what is so special about this certain shaft?

·
Registered
429 Posts
what are the best U joints to use if the stock ones are toast?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i found one on my buddys 91 toy truck. he told me he would swap yolks. i still dont see what makes this shaft any more different???

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well,,,jesse was right as usual. i took off the mounting flange and slip yolk on my friends 91 toy and swapped him the yolk and flange off a 81. this thing has alot more degree of rotation than the old style. i just hope it will hold up to a 20 deg. angle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts