Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Terrible. I really just poked into this thread today. Sorry you have to go through this crap Sully.

I'm pissed.

JoshC said:
Because the "How long to build an IH engine" title probably doesn't effectively educate enough people who may be unknowingly planning on getting raped by this guy... I though I do the responsible thing here and make it more visible.

I'm glad I had an opportunity to learn about this. Form your own oppinion here and here...

Let him know (email) what your opinion is here.

Or you can call Gryphin Automotive Services here.

I am more a do something about this kinda guy myself though. Sully, I'll Pay Pal you a hundred bucks to go towards banner advertising on the Binder Bulletin if you want to start a collection? I'll even design the banner for you? Let me know.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Who is Jeff Campbell? Is he a prick?

EDIT... I guess not. He popped right out of the thread over there. Sorry Jeff and thanks.

·
Web Wheeler For Hire
1,888 Posts
Old Scout said:
The sad part is that the BB still has people believing that he is a stand up guy!:
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45825
You read the Binder Bulletin? :rolleyes: :shaking: :eek: :barf:

:flipoff2:

I read this thread awhile ago and thought for sure it would get resolved by now. I guess his reputation is not important anymore so you'll have a hard time getting a refund if he doesn't even worry about that...

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Sully...

I have 250,000 miles on Delta Airlines...You PM me where you want to go and when, and 25,000 of them are yours for a free ticket.

Ronnie Scout's deal is better...but remember I have offered...

Let me know...

·
Web Wheeler For Hire
1,888 Posts
JoshC said:
Who is Jeff Campbell? Is he a prick?

EDIT... I guess not. He popped right out of the thread over there. Sorry Jeff and thanks.
Jeff Campbell is a regualr on Just Internationals and helps a lot, didn't see his post, like you siaid it's gone so I don't know what your refering to. Seems he found himself on the wrong side???

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Eagle-Mark said:
Jeff Campbell is a regualr on Just Internationals and helps a lot, didn't see his post, like you siaid it's gone so I don't know what your refering to. Seems he found himself on the wrong side???
Nothing is gone. Josh asked him to leave the discussion, and he graciously did.

That is what Josh meant by "popped right out of there".

·
Registered
262 Posts
Old Scout said:
The sad part is that the BB still has people believing that he is a stand up guy!:
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45825
I posted this over there:

Gary Billings said:
In defense of John Comer, I've had him build me some drag links, set up gears and some other misc. work. He does good work as well and I'm happy with his products.
He's never done me wrong...so people are appalled when I post something positive about the guy? Do I think what happened to Sully is right though? No, absolutely not. Would I be pissed if that happened to me? You bet I would! I agree, Comer should rectify the situation.

-Gary

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
SCOUTMAN67 said:
Comer should rectify the situation.

-Gary
I agree. Comer should rectify the problem. By running and not answering calls all he is doing is making the situation worse. John, if you are reading this(and you must be) PAY SULLY BACK! All you are doing is stinking up the industry by not making things right. A real man will take care of his problems and not run from them. If you don't have the money, then make payment arrangements. I don't have anything against Comer or the Comer family as we've always gotten along at the IH functions and consider them friends but to deliberately screw someone and then run and not speak up at all really questions who I want as my friend(s). Its really a shame when someone takes a shit on their own porch and doesn't turn the light off.
________
How to roll a joint

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Thats big $$$, isnt it a felony if over $500. I would say that now, John has to record all his further dealings with Sully over this so as to cover his back if he wants to not look like this is theft in the judges eyes, cause by running ......

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
The law is BS ~ I just had a customer pick up a scout, drive to California, and then put a stop-payment on the check. I contacted the Police immediately and all they said was "what you have here is a civil matter, its not criminal so there's nothing we can do" ~ I kid you not.

I was :mad:, luckily, banks work faster than the DMV so we filed for a replacement title, which voided the one the customer took and then reported the car stolen with my shop addy as the last known addy and the customers addy as the possible place.

About the only thing the customer did right is call back the police when they tried to contact him. They persuaded him to call me, and once I told him what I had done w/ the title ~ he agreed to allow me to have the scout shipped back to me. It should be showing up later today or on Monday.

My point is ~ the law is next-to-useless ~ When I called the CSPD they said that I have a case (criminal) that's why they sent the officers, but apperantly the officers who came didn't want to do the paperwork. :mad: :mad: If I didn't do the title work that I did, I'd been SOL.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Snoopy said:
The law is BS ~ I just had a customer pick up a scout, drive to California, and then put a stop-payment on the check. I contacted the Police immediately and all they said was "what you have here is a civil matter, its not criminal so there's nothing we can do" ~ I kid you not.

I was :mad:, luckily, banks work faster than the DMV so we filed for a replacement title, which voided the one the customer took and then reported the car stolen with my shop addy as the last known addy and the customers addy as the possible place.

About the only thing the customer did right is call back the police when they tried to contact him. They persuaded him to call me, and once I told him what I had done w/ the title ~ he agreed to allow me to have the scout shipped back to me. It should be showing up later today or on Monday.

My point is ~ the law is next-to-useless ~ When I called the CSPD they said that I have a case (criminal) that's why they sent the officers, but apperantly the officers who came didn't want to do the paperwork. :mad: :mad: If I didn't do the title work that I did, I'd been SOL.
In God we trust, all others pay CASH! :D

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
Checks are fine by me...... as long as I hold all the goods until the check has cleared and the $$$ is in my account.

·
Web Wheeler For Hire
1,888 Posts
Old Scout said:
In God we trust, all others pay CASH! :D
A lot of stores (mostly convienece) here in town don't take checks anymore since the police department won't even respond to anything under $250.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's not even safe for a merchant to accept a credit card these days. It is very easy for a CC holder to dispute the charges and win.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
The problem with CC is that they take the money back immediately. Then you have to prove delivery to get it back. I had a customer get pissed that his DUI took 2 weeks to get ~ so he contested it ~ didn't call or nothing. The tragic thing is that I told him how long it'd take. Then there's other vendors who litterally LOSE the order when I call it in for drop ship. I've had a couple take MONTHS to get stuff shipped. They blame it on not getting it, but when I show proof (like an email) and then they find it and go "oops".

But like I said, this one guy, for example, UPS delivered the DUI the next day ~ he called his bank and cancelled the chargback and I STILL haven't seen it. :shaking:

People are too trigger happy these days, in an effort not to get screwed, they become the screwer ~ but then again, what does that have to do with Sully's problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lazarus401 said:
Bet ya didnt know that the guy who serves papers for the Adams County Sheriffs Department (not actually a Sheriff himself), drives a Scout II, and happens to be one of Comers Regular customers. I know he considers himself a friend to Comer. Cant remember his name right now.
Actually I have talked to this guy a few times and I dont think I got his name once or remember what his tag said but it is a pretty cool scout.Any updates?

161 - 180 of 294 Posts