Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty sad that a sport with $200k race cars can't even figure out how to send live updates on Their own web site or anywhere else! Priceless,

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Was there supposed to be live coverage? Seems (as an outsider) that they blow their coverage wad on koh and the tv deal we've been reading about kills the rest.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Hopefully tv will detail the timeline of the car being finished tested and doing nothing but winning. Impressive.

·
Savvy Off Road
3,954 Posts
Hopefully tv will detail the timeline of the car being finished tested and doing nothing but winning. Impressive.
We can only hope! The car is impressive! It turns really well with more weight at the front wheels. It will continue to do well as I believe it has more traction then the rear engine IFS cars. Watching them in the tight loose stuff really showed how well it did when it was able to rocket out of the corners.

It really reminds me of a TT as they corner very well and get more traction than the Class 1 cars.

I also think it should climb better. Can't wait to see how Loren does in the rocks.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I also think it should climb better. Can't wait to see how Loren does in the rocks.
Two months ago: LH.... "I'll still run the SA at KOH"

I'll bet that it will be the Armada/Jimmy IFS car as he learns to drive it. I also bet the front G-outs were probably the worst there at Glen Helen.

I doubt Levi and Wayland would go back either. Suspension and accuracy.

(Good show guys! Congrats)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Loren is racing the new car this next week at the SSJambo race Hells Gate up in Reno..

It has a rock section with gate keepers to enter unless they changed it...As low as that car is it will be worth seeing in person as it climbs ..

The Lucas track, part of the course is perfect for that car as well as many other former Kings cars as it was built for flying and soft landings at the bottom of the huge drops.

If they get 30 drivers entered the purse will $25, 000...

Oh yea..I pretty sure they won't have live video coverage there either..

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
I hope they have some kind of live coverage... Nothing else on a website or something. I'm really interested in this race and can't wait to see what comes of it.

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Someone that is interested in and follows the sport knows what the outcome of the race is but has to wait months to watch it? :homer:

Here is to hoping that the powernation production is legit.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Someone that is interested in and follows the sport knows what the outcome of the race is but has to wait months to watch it? :homer:
I'm guessing that it's not about those of us that follow the sport, but about the ones that have never heard the words "King of the Hammers"

I was very bummed to not have coverage of Glen Helen. I also feel very lucky that I was able to be at Stampede.

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
I'm guessing that it's not about those of us that follow the sport, but about the ones that have never heard the words "King of the Hammers"

I was very bummed to not have coverage of Glen Helen. I also feel very lucky that I was able to be at Stampede.
Right, so it's more for the sponsors... Getting the exposure, on TV, at a later date.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
With where Glen Helen is. I thought there should've been a hell of a lot more spectators there. Socal is the offroad mecca. It's a great place to watch a race with a ton of action at all places on the track. I'd bet 90% of the people there were either drivers, pit crew or friends and family. There was little info on the event and I didn't hear or see any advertising and I live 45mins from the track. I understand it all cost money. I hope the TV deal is what puts it on the map and gets people out to spend some money.

Also the one food vender I saw was packed up and leaving half way through the main race. I did like the camping and pit situation much better this year.

All in all a great event and the racing was sweet.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Also the one food vender I saw was packed up and leaving half way through the main race.
After standing in line to get some food just before the main, they announced they were out of everything except chips and snow cones.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
With where Glen Helen is. I thought there should've been a hell of a lot more spectators there. Socal is the offroad mecca. It's a great place to watch a race with a ton of action at all places on the track. I'd bet 90% of the people there were either drivers, pit crew or friends and family. There was little info on the event and I didn't hear or see any advertising and I live 45mins from the track. I understand it all cost money. I hope the TV deal is what puts it on the map and gets people out to spend some money.

Also the one food vender I saw was packed up and leaving half way through the main race. I did like the camping and pit situation much better this year.

All in all a great event and the racing was sweet.
Like some other venues, Glen Helen has a TON of racing there throuout the year. There's a big race like every weekend. Big to someone, not compared to the big motorcross race or LOORS. If Ultra 4 dumped $10k into advertising they'd get like $2k-3k in return. Or less.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
The course Dave laid out there was great...about 2 miles long. If they had 10,000 people there, he would have to put up 2 miles of fencing to keep the fans off the race course. As it was there were gaps in the fencing that spectators could get on the track, Luckily the fans that were there are smart enough to stay off the track. Big advertising of the event would have lead to a logistical nightmare.Just my .02 cents.
JB

1 - 20 of 37 Posts