Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took the Mog to a MB mechanic today to check timing chain stretch etc. to give me some idnicator of the condition of the engine, and for its first Valve job since I have had it. I allways have a pro do things first. From then on I do the adjustments, and try not to fawk it up to bad :D

Took three of us to figure out how to get the valve cover off. Nooooo we are not POLISH :flipoff2: . We had to figure out how to remove it from the tiny working space once it was unbolted. We had to remove the radioator over flow from above plus some of the linkage just to get room and still it was a twist and slide and roll it off to one side sorta thing. That part was worth the money!! I'll know just how to do it next time.

Well.... anyway the first words out of the mechanics mouth was "oh my... there is NO MILES ON THIS ENGINE!!!" Thru out the procedure he repeated this a few more times. Few valves where tight; thats it. He wasn't joking either! He was very impressed. That was good news to hear!!!

GLOAT :flipoff2: GLOAT :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
For those not familure with my beast.

My understanding is the engine that was transplanted (300 turbo diesel) into my Mog was one used in Germany by a university for ????? For all I know they beat the hell out of it running experements.. or it could of just sat in the corner where an engineer taught "101 Diesel Engine Anatomy" "OK class.. Repeat after me. [tune= "The hip bone is connected to the--> thigh bone.."] The, linkage is connected to the..... IP--> The IP is conncected to the injec..tors--> the..." The previous owner of the truck was a student at the Univ in Nanotech engineering. He sold this one and built a new mog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts