Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took one on pawn, he lost it.
I am 1911 shooter, not Glock. I like them, but they don't point the same.

So what are the first thing I do to it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also, how do I know what generation it is?
Watched a youtube video and determined it is Gen 3.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Get yourself a blackhawk serpa cqc holster for it. I am a 1911 guy, couldnt point a glock to save my life. After practicing draws from the holster, i realized i was wrapping my hand too far around the grip on the glock. That holster really reinforced the correct grip.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Get yourself a blackhawk serpa cqc holster for it. I am a 1911 guy, couldnt point a glock to save my life. After practicing draws from the holster, i realized i was wrapping my hand too far around the grip on the glock. That holster really reinforced the correct grip.

The holster does help proper grip on a older glock. Also I know a 1911 builder that filled that back cavity with an epoxy resin and then slowly removed material from the back strap area until it was closer to a 1911. Then he did the soldering iron grip stippling and it felt and pointed really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
That is a gen 3. I have one like it and it has been a great gun.

You can do some trigger mods to lighten it up but they are decent as is.

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
Just shoot it, or trade for something you will use.

They're good pistols, and plenty of aftermarket if you decide to change it up.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
dont do anything to it. Throw it in a truck/car somewhere and leave it.

Its a gen 3 which is the best gen IMHO.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Numrich has cheap night sights, that and done. Make sure it shoots well and make it a good "whatever" gun

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
I can tell you're a 1911 guy, you immediately think you need to do something to it before it will work right. :flipoff2:

·
The dude abides
1,350 Posts
X2 on the Talon grip,and night sights.Then go put a couple hundred rounds through it.You should end up liking it.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
I can tell you're a 1911 guy, you immediately think you need to do something to it before it will work right. :flipoff2:
Ha ha ha. This is so true.

The first thing you should do to it is take it out and shoot it. This is also the second through 50,000th things you should do to it.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Mine had night sights, ghost trigger, and extended slide release. I wanted nothing else for it and it shot great. That beaver tail thing is for people with big fat hands so the slide doesn't cut your hand.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I took a Dremel to my Gen3 19 and absofuckinglutly LOVE the fit of the grip now. Removed the finger grooves, undercut the trigger guard, and massaged the backstrap and beavertail. Stippled it of course. I did it a bit at time, drawing and presenting a few times as I went. I think that kind of crap is fun. My stipple looks like crap, but I can't deny I shoot the gun better with the mods.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
needs a threaded barrel, Trijicon RMR, co-witnessing night sights and the NY 8lb trigger

not serious about any of that

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,580 Posts
Trade it for an XD? :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts