Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took one on pawn, he lost it.
I am 1911 shooter, not Glock. I like them, but they don't point the same.

So what are the first thing I do to it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Get yourself a blackhawk serpa cqc holster for it. I am a 1911 guy, couldnt point a glock to save my life. After practicing draws from the holster, i realized i was wrapping my hand too far around the grip on the glock. That holster really reinforced the correct grip.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Get yourself a blackhawk serpa cqc holster for it. I am a 1911 guy, couldnt point a glock to save my life. After practicing draws from the holster, i realized i was wrapping my hand too far around the grip on the glock. That holster really reinforced the correct grip.

The holster does help proper grip on a older glock. Also I know a 1911 builder that filled that back cavity with an epoxy resin and then slowly removed material from the back strap area until it was closer to a 1911. Then he did the soldering iron grip stippling and it felt and pointed really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fistful of Boomstick
42,968 Posts
Numrich has cheap night sights, that and done. Make sure it shoots well and make it a good "whatever" gun

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Mine had night sights, ghost trigger, and extended slide release. I wanted nothing else for it and it shot great. That beaver tail thing is for people with big fat hands so the slide doesn't cut your hand.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I took a Dremel to my Gen3 19 and absofuckinglutly LOVE the fit of the grip now. Removed the finger grooves, undercut the trigger guard, and massaged the backstrap and beavertail. Stippled it of course. I did it a bit at time, drawing and presenting a few times as I went. I think that kind of crap is fun. My stipple looks like crap, but I can't deny I shoot the gun better with the mods.

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
needs a threaded barrel, Trijicon RMR, co-witnessing night sights and the NY 8lb trigger

not serious about any of that

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,396 Posts
Trade it for an XD? :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.