Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
Regardless, Moog's good name was ruined when they went with TRW and others in the mid '90s and started all that "low friction" nonsense with plastic parts in their joints. They realized they could make more money more often by making cheaper joints that wore out in a couple years instead of joints that were good for 10 years or more.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
7/8-18...might be difficult to source a cheap replacement 7/8-14, with the correct Chevy 1-ton tapered stud, in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Doubt it. They have “MOOG” stamped on them

I’m running MevoTech’s “Supreme” rod ends with good success so far. Some are (mostly ball joints) metal to metal bearings
We stock Moog at work. I've opened boxes to find numerous different brands inside including crappy oem parts. Literally the same part no. and all 2 totally different looking parts.

Run Spicer parts and you wont have issues.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I'm needing to buy a high angle chev 1 ton tie rod end. Part number ES2026R for the pitman arm end of the DL.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=201776&jsn=14&jsn=14

Not wanting chincom junk......so which brand is good quality vs junk?

Moog? etc? So many of these tie rod ends I see online do not list a brand, or where they are made USA or China......

Thanks.
Everything is made in china. :p

My goto is Moog's Quicksteer line. It's a full size joint whereas many of the other offshore TRE/DLE's are physically smaller, despite having the correct threads and tapers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts