Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,

i´m thinking of going hybrid with my gm 10 bolts with outres dana 60.

Why

- keep my ARB R&P, clearence and suspension set up

-Avoid the wick link in gm 10 bolt U JOINT FAILURE

What you think about pors and cons

Do search, no real tech at all

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
why not just put in some warn axles and some ctm's it would be a lot less work and stronger than your hybrid. plus you don't have to change rims or make custom drilled outers.
i would just go full 60 up front and sell out your exsisting stuff. but i always go the easy rout.
i think the 30 spline inner axle with your hybrid wont last and might take out that arb. mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do run the chrome niquel Warn´s with 5-806x spicer,

i bought the hole M1008 truck i´ve got rim´s i just have to change the bolts (8 bolts pattern)on my beadlocks rim´s

my idea is not going 60 because i don´t want to go 60 rear, keep my FF Gm 10 b.

Finally i don´t think going CTM is the strengh way for outers and i don´t timk it good be never strengh than a 332-x of 60.

My tires are 39.5x18

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
why keep those small axles to run that size rubber, and if you are talking about a 5/4 chevy diesel usa military truck, just use the whole axles set up front and rear, the rear 14 bolt will have a detroit and be way stronger than the ff 10 bolt. just sell your old stuff and you will have plenty of money to get a arb or ox for the front. and a set of 35 spline outer for the front and your done. hell it should be damn near bullit proof with 39s. just shave them f&r to get your clearance. mike

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
CTM's and Warns just moves the failure to the Ring and Pinion or drive shaft. If you were 36's max then it will handle it but what size tires your talking about......Keep the drive shaft wimpy so it will fail before the R&P.
I run 35 inch BFG KM's CTM's and Warn shafts. Getting ready to throw a set of Aloy shafts in the 12 bolt. I have more diff clearence than a truck on 39.5's and 1 ton running gear. That's why I went that route. My truck is still street friendly and I can follow my buds on 1 ton gear and up to 40's on anything but deep mud and run 75 mph down the hwy with a camper in tow and keep my teeth.

·
Premium Member
29,421 Posts
if you change the outers to 60 then your weak link will be the ring and pinion. just build a real 60. some hybreds have a purpose. yours will be to break.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mi idea is going safety in the trail but with the setup to do the job

if you think my purpose it would be break parts, your wrong, i´m trying to find out the best "Hybrid" set up, any way

GM 10 R&P is stronger than a 8" TOY can you answer me,

¿Why marlin and Allpro sell TOY/60?

They over all be more breackble

The Lavender brothers do run this set up (TTC 2002) i don`t see failure´s in that comp.

And for going 14 FF Rear Gov-LOCK i don´t like it,
bigger
heavy
No ARB
Big Drums
Locker failures
Etcetcte

And us GRIM Reaper say you can shave day`s and you never get a gm 10 bolts clearence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.