Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GM 6.0L LQ4 Crate Engine

Almost new. I'd wager it has less than 40hrs run time on it. It has never been installed in a vehicle.

This engine was used on a dyno for some type of testing or development.

It is mostly complete, top to bottom. It does not come with starter, flex plate, coils, wiring, or electronics, but all of the engine sensors are there, as well as the TB and intake.

This is the iron head version, which was the 99 model year.

By all inspections, this engine appears to have very little run time on it. Everything from a visual standpoint looks brand new, and it rotates smoothly. Spark plugs look great, inside the cylinders (what I can see w/flashlight) look clean, and under the valve cover all look new.

Comes with all the accessorie brackets and components, alternator and PS pump on the front of the engine with the exception of a/c pump.

See pictures here:
http://snipurl.com/1qvwx

$1000 or trade for PSD Dana 60 front, or a 203/205 doubler kit.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the LQ4 was the one in the SS Trucks, GTO's, and such with the aluminum block, and the LQ9 was the truck engine?

Guess I need to find out for sure eh?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smurf and Yota are indeed correct. It is the LQ4.

Somehow I mixed it up. The title has been edited to reflect.

They use flat top pistons vs the dished in the LQ4 to get the 10hp increase the LQ9 nets.

Somebody make me an offer on this thing, it really is going to make someone a VERY NICE engine.

I'd keep it if I had room to store it, and I'm beginning to contemplate selling my 327 to fund what I need to make the LQ4 work in my junk...

JS

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Do you have any other parts for the engine... Harness rewired, computer flashed etc?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no other parts to go with, other than what you see in the picture.

You'll need, wiring harness, ECM, coils, starter, and flexplate to make it go...

Or go carburetor...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Where are you located? exactly what do you need for your doubler setup? Are you talking the case's or just the kit to make your case's into a doubler?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Thanks, Been Looking at this engine, and the 5.3... Just trying to find a complete package.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Where are you located? exactly what do you need for your doubler setup? Are you talking the case's or just the kit to make your case's into a doubler?
I have both transfer cases ready to go. I need the kit (adapter, shaft, seals, etc)

I'm located just south of Nashville, TN.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If it isnt sold, I know a guy that will trade you a complete new adapter kit, new shaft and everything. PM me if you are interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts