Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a link for swapping a D44 on to an 85 4Runner............I searched but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Maybe you need to tell us then what it is your looking for specifically!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm going to assume your looking for information on how to hook the standard brake lines from the D44 to the Toyota stuff since your post mentions GM brakes but asks about info on swapping in a d44.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got EricB's info, but that's more Master Cylinder and booster info....I need the info on the brake hardware....disc's...calipers...are there adapters for the caliper mount or plumbing.....part numbers,....as much info about this part of the conversion as I can get.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Go to www.rockequipment.com and tell Tony you put a 44 under your Toy and you need some brake lines that are (your choice) inches long and have a Toy fitting on one end and the GM banjo fitting on the other end. He'll ask you if your banjo bolts are 7/16" or 3/8", you tell him, and you'll have brake lines in in your hands in a couple of days. :D

You could also buy some extended brake lines for a Tacoma, but if your banjo bolts are 7/16", you'll have to drill out the banjo fitting. And its probably not any cheaper than buying them from Tony anyway.

Yes, there are other ways I'm sure, but it doesn't get much easier than that.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
flimmy said:
85TrailToy , are you missing something ? :flipoff2:

Elite Expiration 2003-12-04
Yeah I know dammit, you gotta rub it in??:flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
85TrailToy said:

Yeah I know dammit, you gotta rub it in??:flipoff2:
[/QUOTE

Yep , I just noticed you didn't have a red star or the pic of your runner. So I just figured I'd remind ya :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts