Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 GM 350 TBI motor, 1 injector quit working. Tested both wires with noid light. Gently tapped the injector housing and the other injector started working. Got a fuel pressure regulator rebuild kit and 2 of my spare injectors. Started up just fine, then the next day the injectors quit again. Tested with a noid light and they flashed like they should. Tapped on the injectors and started working again. Figured it must be 20yr old spare injectors. Got 2 brand new injectors. Again fired right up after the new injectors where installed. Next day, not working again. Cranked, then "jumped" the injector and no clicking or spray. Tapped on the injector and then jumped it again and it clicked and sprayed fuel. Soooooo........ why are the injectors sticking? I have not checked fuel pressure, I know I have fuel pressure but just haven't put a guage on it to see if its in spec. I also changed the injector housing, just to rule out anythng odd. And changed the fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
1992 GM 350 TBI motor, 1 injector quit working. Tested both wires with noid light. Gently tapped the injector housing and the other injector started working. Got a fuel pressure regulator rebuild kit and 2 of my spare injectors. Started up just fine, then the next day the injectors quit again. Tested with a noid light and they flashed like they should. Tapped on the injectors and started working again. Figured it must be 20yr old spare injectors. Got 2 brand new injectors. Again fired right up after the new injectors where installed. Next day, not working again. Cranked, then "jumped" the injector and no clicking or spray. Tapped on the injector and then jumped it again and it clicked and sprayed fuel. Soooooo........ why are the injectors sticking? I have not checked fuel pressure, I know I have fuel pressure but just haven't put a guage on it to see if its in spec. I also changed the injector housing, just to rule out anythng odd. And changed the fuel filter.

1. Fuel pressure drop (most likely)
2. Loose power feed to the injector. Could be at the injector connector.
3. Bad system ground
4 The ECM is not telling the injector to fire (unlikely but I've seen it for different reasons).

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bad power feed to the injectors.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
The power feeds to the injectors are solid copper from the injector connectors to the splice going to the ignition hot source. I don't know why GM did this but I've ran all of mine the same way.

I agree with Cush,
Very possible you have a compromised wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts