Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
With a 4speed handing off the back of that tranny. I'd try to support the rear of the tcase somehow. On my build I used the same mount that I did under the tranny in line with it so everything moves the same way. Looks good.

Yeah I've thought about that. From what I heard, AA won't warranty it if it fails and it's supported in the rear. Again just what I've heard.

03 Project Procrastination... a TJuggy Build, Goatbuilt sub frame, 302, 60/shaved 14b, 42" pitbulls

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
May run into issues with the Slave cylinder so may have to run different headers.

Edit: texted my buddy who got the parts from and his response the pictures. His response "I can fix that"

03 Project Procrastination... a TJuggy Build, Goatbuilt sub frame, 302, 60/shaved 14b, 42" pitbulls

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
May have to modify the engine cross member to lower the engine to clear the hood.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got some time this weekend in between other things going on to get some tubes tacked up.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Looking good man. Can you get a lower profile intake? I don't see that one working for you unless you don't mind it sticking through the hood.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looking good man. Can you get a lower profile intake? I don't see that one working for you unless you don't mind it sticking through the hood.

I probably can. In the next few days I'm going to get my neighbor to come help put the body on it for clearance. I'm planning to lower the engine 3-4" to accommodate it. It's got a small oil pan so there's plenty of room to drop it.
I think they make lower intakes. But those cost money.
So far on the engine I've bought the explorer intake, a b303 cam and the adapter and bell housing. Still need crank rod and pistons. My buddy builds 302's and has the rest or knows people getting rid of stock parts.

Headers will be custom for it.

Space under oil pan

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was able to use off the shelf shorty headers. They where super tight but clear everything.

So far my equal length headers (free to me) hit and will cause issues with the slave cylinder. I will also run into issues if I have to lower the engine a few inches. I may try different shortys, but my buddy really wants to build a set. These are mustang headers but I think truck headers would fit better. I could probably get away with stock truck manifolds if needed too. That's what my old yj with a 302 had.

Exhaust will be one of the final things I do since it can be moved around.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Got some work done tonight. Body is just sitting on the goat link mounts. May have to bend new front tubes because of clearance on driver side. We shall see.

As it sits right now, I have 3-4" hood clearance so I can drop the body down like I planned without needing to lower the engine.

I also found out I either built my chassis table 6" too tall or I'm not tall enough for it. The jury is still out.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got bored the other day so here's a fun picture with my wife's pilot.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Panel came in today for stretching the tub. Only going to use the top few inches of it and make a filler plate for the test. It's not flat so I'm glad I'm. Not using the whole thing. All twisted and curved.

Still looking for a driver side LJ belt rail. If anyone has any leads, let me know. I can make one but if I can find one it would be easier.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No TJuggy work tonight but a good Buddy's last day at work is next Friday so I'm making a going away gift. I need to weigh it but it's going to be a very heavy lamp. Speed square for reference.

Thought you all might like it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Been busy with other stuff going on the past few weeks. Traveling for work this coming week so won't get to work on the jeep this week either. Also I've come to the conclusion I hate body work or at least dent pulling. First time dent pulling but I just need to get it close since it will get covered up. Also got the passenger side guard on. I was hoping I could get behind the dent from the inside but I can't without cutting the inner panel out.

I blame lower rattle rock at windrock for the dent

·
Registered
542 Posts
So far my equal length headers (free to me) hit and will cause issues with the slave cylinder. I will also run into issues if I have to lower the engine a few inches. I may try different shortys, but my buddy really wants to build a set. These are mustang headers but I think truck headers would fit better. I could probably get away with stock truck manifolds if needed too. That's what my old yj with a 302 had.

Exhaust will be one of the final things I do since it can be moved around.

I had to run truck exhaust manifolds in mine to clear the slave cylinder. Truck headers might work as well, but Mustang headers didn't work in my case. Mine is a 302/NP435/NP205 combo.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Have you thought about a pull-type slave cylinder?

I didn't know that was a thing. Details?

I had to run truck exhaust manifolds in mine to clear the slave cylinder. Truck headers might work as well, but Mustang headers didn't work in my case. Mine is a 302/NP435/NP205 combo.

I believe my old yj had truck manifolds. 302, Ford truck bell housing, adapter and nv3550. Likely those would also fix the issue. They should point away from the slave cylinder.

I'm not too concerned with the exhaust since worst comes to worst I can have custom headers made for free minus any tube needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It pulls instead of pushing when actuated. You mount it behind the clutch fork instead of in front. You just need to rig some kind of bracket from the back of the transmission. Go to Speedwaymotors.com and search for "pull type slave cylinder."

21 - 40 of 110 Posts