Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my 83 came in last weekend and im trying to get it street legal so i can ride some and feel the truck out.
i have a set of gm cab a chasis lights that are brand new and free... heres the issue. toy uses five wires park, backup, left, right, and brake. gm uses four wires park, backup, left, and right. to get brakes gm uses both turn signals instead of a seperate wire....
i have everything else wired up except the brake lights... i was thinking of using two small relays. i would hook the toy brake light wire to the switch on the relays and then hook the hot wire to each turn signal which should give me brake lights without interfering with the turn signal operation...

so anyone got a better way? or know of any reason this would not work.
all i need now is some mud flaps and maybe some kinda bumper.
heres a pic just for fun:

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
use one of those fancy trailer tail light converter boxes. All you have to do is wire it to the truck harness and then cut the four pin trailer plug off and wire them to the lights on the truck.

jeff

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
get a trailer light adapter. i think i paid 15 bucks at the local parts store.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
camo kid said:
use one of those fancy trailer tail light converter boxes. All you have to do is wire it to the truck harness and then cut the four pin trailer plug off and wire them to the lights on the truck.

jeff

Ditto, but don't cut off the plug, use it so u can unplug the harness if needed for maintenance or flatbed buildup. When I did mine we also wired a plug with a cap for a flat 4wire trailer to plug right in...no scotchlok connectors required the next time I need to use a trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts