Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start off... this happened when the belt starting slipping over a year ago.
I fixed that with a new belt and it never went away until i installed OEM cruise control module(full kit) and and put my other cars battery in it about a year ago also.
the light has been on ever since.

The battery is brand new with one made for the jeep from murrys auto.... all gauges are in correct zone with temp, oil pressure, battery voltage and gas gauge. also the RPM and Speedo seem fine. Besides speedo gear is leaking which needs a new seal.

Iv tightened battery cables multiple times, checked starter and alt. connections. pulled dash and checked pinouts for the cluster.

what could possibly be left?!?!

this only bothers me because cruise control never has engaged since iv installed kit and i think it wont till this bug is gone. :(
(i drive over 200 miles freeway weekly)

·
33,755 Posts
well to start it out this happened when the belt starting slipping over a year ago. fixed that with a new belt and it never went away until i installed cruise control module and and my summers cars battery about a year ago also. has been on ever since.

The battery is brand new with one made for the jeep.... all gauges are in correct zone with temp, oil pressure, battery voltage and gas gauge. also the RPM and Speedo seem fine besides speedo gear is leaking which needs a new seal.

Iv tightened battery multiple times, checked starter and alt. connections. pulled dash and checked pinouts for the cluster.

what could possibly be left?!?!

this only bothers me because cruise control never has engaged since iv installed kit and i think it wont till this bug is gone. :( (i drive over 200 miles freeway weekly)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
its not a sahara. but the charging system seems fine. belt is tight now
I was being a smart ass on the sahara deal as that is only a trim package and nothing else.

It is charging fine by your voltmeter or do you mean it still starts?
Either way, I am guessing your noise went away.

Go do yourself a favor and buy a Haynes or Chiltons manual and read it 4 or 5 times.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its started fine for a good 6-8 months without ever jumping it. even leaving headlights on for 3 hours.

any other ideas? thanks

·
33,755 Posts
its started fine for a good 6-8 months without ever jumping it. even leaving headlights on for 3 hours.

any other ideas? thanks
what exactly is the PROBLEM? The no-charge light is on? The battery is going dead? etc?

Have you checked to see if the no-charge wire on the alternator is tight? That light comes on when the wire goes to ground. If there's a short in that wire, then it will always turn the light on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not that theres "no charge" just the Check gauges light is on.
everything seems to charge fine and never had an electrical issue.

Does it bother me that its on? No but my cruise control has never activated and i think that is what is causing it not to engage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will no read codes for that. only codes for engine and its not related i guess. i had a emission control guy that worked for chrysler use his couple thousand dollar tool on it and got nothing to pull up for gauge related

·
33,755 Posts
will no read codes for that. only codes for engine and its not related i guess. i had a emission control guy that worked for chrysler use his couple thousand dollar tool on it and got nothing to pull up for gauge related
it's throwing a code of some kind. Is it pre-'96?

·
Registered
503 Posts
If it is throwing a code, then read the code and fix the problem, whatever the problem is. Check guages doesn't mean there is a problem with your guages.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it is throwing a code, then read the code and fix the problem, whatever the problem is. Check guages doesn't mean there is a problem with your guages.
check gauges is gauge related(readouts) or electrical. and check engine means something to do with how engine is running.
they are two different areas. like i said iv used the best of best code readers and nothing is poping up gauge related.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts