Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-
I am picking up my dads old RC this weekend! Getting the 44 and 60 out of it since it is 3/4 ton. I was just wondering what I could get out of my front axle? I realize it probably varies depending on location but...any ideas? It only has 65k miles on it, with 3.90's in it. Only bad thing is it has drum brakes. What about a 8.75 rear axle? My dad says he may want it, but if he doesnt, I sure want to get some money out of it to help pay for 8 lug wheels and new tires! HAHA! Any help is appreciated!
Kyle

·
Registered
363 Posts
are you saying the front axle has drums? weird ratio.sorry to say but a dana 44 really any make isnt worth too much at all there really easy to find jeep dodge chevy ford etc.with those brakes maybe 75 to 100 if youre lucky on the other hand it depends how many splines the rear dana 60 has,cirtain types of dana 60 rears are more disriable then others ive seen dana 60 rears like that go for about 200 to 500 in that shape out here in nor cal.. maybe 400 to 600 for the set complete.ive seen dana 44 14 bolt ff going for 300 and thats a better axle set up if you ask me.good luck selling them :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
You would make more money parting it out. ( the D44 that is.)

The 8.75 might be worth something to the right person, but I would say not more than $200.

steved

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
I've been offered $250 for my 8 3/4, mainly to replace a 9 1/4 I think, lol. The front D44 is a pain in the azz since it is drum brake and virtually no one wants it unless they need one for a truck that has a broken D44 of the same type. The 3.91 are an odd ratio but is probably more desirable then the rest of the axle. Someone will want that 8 3/4 and the gears out of the 44, just look around or put it on Ebay. Should be able to get $150 - $250, maybe a little more.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks guys. Like I said, my dad may want the 8.75. A guy at his work is building a Jeep and said he wanted the D44. Thats why I was asking....wanted to see how much I should tell him I would sell it for.
Kyle

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, now another question. I was going to start a new post but figured this is similar enough to just reply to this one. I just got home from looking at my dads old RC that were are buying. We are bringing it home next weekend! :) Anyways....have a brane new Dana 44 in the front, BRAND NEW EVERYTHING NEVER BEEN DRIVEN ON, and the same with the Dana 60 in the rear. I mean everything is brand new! My dad re-did everything. Also has posi in both. Front axle has disk brakes on it, the rear has drums.
If you were to buy these axles, what would you pay for them. We just bought it tonight for only $2k, but me dad and I are somewhat splitting it since he wants certain parts for his trailduster, and I want the axles and lift kit for my PW. We decided to split it evenly, but I am going to be stingy with him, and if the 2 axles are not really worth $1000, Im not going to give him $1000. HAHA So what do you think they are worth? Any help is appreciated!
Kyle

·
Registered
37 Posts
i wouldn't pay over $600 for the d44 and 60 combo under the "new" RC. what gears? i dont know thats just around the going price in colorado.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I just paid $350 for a set of 4.10 geared Dana 60/44 combo. Granted, they need a bit of brake work but it isn't anything I wouldn't have done whether I knew the history on them or not. (Think 4 wheel disc brakes)

If all the bearings, etc are new and the axles are in as good of shape as you say, I would say in the $600 range. It kind of depends on your area of the country though. Around here these axles are still a dime a dozen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts