Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
I am picking up my dads old RC this weekend! Getting the 44 and 60 out of it since it is 3/4 ton. I was just wondering what I could get out of my front axle? I realize it probably varies depending on location but...any ideas? It only has 65k miles on it, with 3.90's in it. Only bad thing is it has drum brakes. What about a 8.75 rear axle? My dad says he may want it, but if he doesnt, I sure want to get some money out of it to help pay for 8 lug wheels and new tires! HAHA! Any help is appreciated!
Kyle

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks guys. Like I said, my dad may want the 8.75. A guy at his work is building a Jeep and said he wanted the D44. Thats why I was asking....wanted to see how much I should tell him I would sell it for.
Kyle

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, now another question. I was going to start a new post but figured this is similar enough to just reply to this one. I just got home from looking at my dads old RC that were are buying. We are bringing it home next weekend! :) Anyways....have a brane new Dana 44 in the front, BRAND NEW EVERYTHING NEVER BEEN DRIVEN ON, and the same with the Dana 60 in the rear. I mean everything is brand new! My dad re-did everything. Also has posi in both. Front axle has disk brakes on it, the rear has drums.
If you were to buy these axles, what would you pay for them. We just bought it tonight for only $2k, but me dad and I are somewhat splitting it since he wants certain parts for his trailduster, and I want the axles and lift kit for my PW. We decided to split it evenly, but I am going to be stingy with him, and if the 2 axles are not really worth $1000, Im not going to give him $1000. HAHA So what do you think they are worth? Any help is appreciated!
Kyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts