Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I;'m looking for a set of front & rear springs and shackels that will get me up on 35's with moderate flex.(no :rainbow" blocks or body lift I have done a bunch of searching and I really dont want to move my front hangers ahead due to the arb bull bar wont allow it on the front. I have heard of alcans andoters all-pro's..etc. from all the talk, but I dont know much about them and were abouts to get a good set. What should I look into and what should I stay away from. All I want is a nice clean set up.

p.s I know i m gunna get flamed but hey everyone learns the ropes at sometime or another.:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,737 Posts
Alot of people use the Alcans I think that is what Allpro sells but I could be wrong. If you have some money to spend The Orbital-eyes which I think are modified Alcans are supposed to really be slick but I have no experiance with either. I will say stay away from the Skyjackers....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
holy bad information batman!! :D

allpro does not use alcan's. they are seperate companies, but both really good springs to use.

get some 3" lift.. break out the sawzall, and tub the front fenderwell.

there are sooo many other options out there though for springs. alcans, all pro, downey, plus you can go with junkyard swaps too, i.e. rears up front, chevy's in back; 44044's or waggy's up front, mazdas in back.

personally.. i tihnk i've got some kind sagged down, 3" lift in front (on truck when i bought it), and i think an add-a-leaf in rear, i cuold probably fit 35's with some sawsall action.

do some searches on different types of springs to see what results others get, also you DID read the faq right??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
Allpro used to sell Alcan's. Now they sell the "all pro" springs. No more Alcans.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
WTF? Am I wrong? It was my understanding that they used to sell Alcans. But not anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,885 Posts
haha TNToy got edited:flipoff2:

if i was to put a set of springs that i didnt wanna deal with a lot of guesswork and self inflicted fabrication id buy a set of all pro 4"ers all around...

i already did that, but found junkyards and self inflicted fabrication fun and at the same time frustrating...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any one have pics any rigs with 35's and there install versions? And Were they got there springs even maybe for a :beer: they opions on how the truck does? (basicly are you happy with it)thanks for the in put also.:bounce: :bounce2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
35's

It's in the freeze waiting for me :flipoff2: not a bad pic what shackels are you running in that pic or would you reommend with the all pro 4'

:beer: :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
haha TNToy got edited:flipoff2:


...
PM me what I missed. If you want bolt on go AllPro, if you can wrench, read up and see all the options there are. I like 44044's front and the mazda hybred paks rear. I might use the Mazdas onm my Jeep;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,885 Posts
SeaBass44 said:


PM me what I missed. If you want bolt on go AllPro, if you can wrench, read up and see all the options there are. I like 44044's front and the mazda hybred paks rear. I might use the Mazdas onm my Jeep;)
he was mean and said fawk off newbie:D:D

the 44044's ive seen always worked real good, but they sit kinda tall, especially if you already have a body lift or drop hangers...what ever happened to the cherry, silver truck you and i traded?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
Booger Weldz said:


.........what ever happened to the cherry, silver truck you and i traded?
sold it to TSL BOGGER, have not seen it since:confused: I only drove it 2 weeks, but I still miss it:cool: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Some may flame me for using a box lift, but I got four 3-1/2" superlift springs from someone here on the board for $100. I bent my tabs up and now they flex great. I am planning on 2" shackles and maybe a body lift and then 35's in the future. Any way, that just shows you there are alot of options out there.
Maybe look for something used like I did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,115 Posts
eviltwin said:
I got four 3-1/2" superlift springs...... I bent my tabs up and now they flex great.
i think your on glue. i used to have a set of superjunks out back and they blew major ass. i even took out 1 of the 4 leaves and they still sucked. moral of the story is....dont spend your money on junk.(unless it came from the junkyard!) i picked up my 63"ers for 50 bucks.

<<<<<<<Alex>>>>>>>>>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
eviltwin said:
Some may flame me for using a box lift, but I got four 3-1/2" superlift springs from someone here on the board for $100. I bent my tabs up and now they flex great. I am planning on 2" shackles and maybe a body lift and then 35's in the future. Any way, that just shows you there are alot of options out there.
Maybe look for something used like I did.
I think you are a paint huffer:D or just don't know what real flex is:D got an rti score to show the flex??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,031 Posts
hey seabass

we've still got the silver truck (partner deal), still cherry, still not done. getting there. we redid the front hanger and mounted up the rear. both boggger and I have too many projects of our own
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
ROCKILLER said:
hey seabass

we've still got the silver truck (partner deal), still cherry, still not done. getting there. we redid the front hanger and mounted up the rear. both boggger and I have too many projects of our own
COOL! good to have an update on it, damn that thing is nice,wish I could have finished it, but as you see by my last 2 rigs, I have gone a whole different route with my rigs:eek: ......odd how that happened:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
one more twist, im running 3" downey springs, 2" shackle in rear.
35's on 15x8 aloys. considering, a set of downey cost 212.00,
shocks 120.00. 60.00 shachle. in short, 300.00 and some cutt-
ing. your there!. i ran this two trips and am moving on to bigger
and better. good luck. again, im moving on. dont spend a ton
of money if your never satisfied, like the rest of us!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
penguinofdoom said:
holy bad information batman!! :D

allpro does not use alcan's. they are seperate companies, but both really good springs to use.

get some 3" lift.. break out the sawzall, and tub the front fenderwell.

there are sooo many other options out there though for springs. alcans, all pro, downey, plus you can go with junkyard swaps too, i.e. rears up front, chevy's in back; 44044's or waggy's up front, mazdas in back.

personally.. i tihnk i've got some kind sagged down, 3" lift in front (on truck when i bought it), and i think an add-a-leaf in rear, i cuold probably fit 35's with some sawsall action.

do some searches on different types of springs to see what results others get, also you DID read the faq right??



Allpro gets their springs made by a company called Betts down here in the Bay area ( San Leandro, that is )
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top