Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am new to FJ cruisers(or newer toyota's in general). Tomorrow I am going to check out a Toyota FJ cruiser that has 130,000 miles on it. Is there anything I need to watch out for. My understanding is the 4 liter motor uses a chain instead of a belt so no worries there. Other than that are there any problems I should be on the look out for. Thanks Jesse

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good question. There are a couple TSBs that I'm familiar with, so you might want to inquire about them as a start. One is the slight bump you get when you come to a full stop (something that has to do with the pressure build up on the axle), nothing serious, but realized. Another one is on the front brakes (making a little noise when in reverse). Again, nothing serious. One other thing I would do would be to just take a look under the front suspension (just look from the front of the vehicle) and see if the axles from the CV boots are wet. It may be a sign of leaking grease, which could lead to CV joints going bad, but that's a long shot. Ask about front and rear diff fluid being changed out. That's all I can think of for right now. It's really the same with any vehicle with IFS, it's not specific to FJs, but to all 4x4 vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts