Pirate 4x4 banner

341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
The comp cut still needs a little bit more attention, but I just cut along the bottom of the inner fender. I think the tires will likely contact the fender under articulation, but I haven't had a chance to check. The rear will likely get backhalfed before too long to simplify all of those aspects.
No it will not Will, you need to be wheeling! We can't have your rig down for another 9 months for an engine swap/ backhalf :flipoff2:

·
Registered
432 Posts
The comp cut still needs a little bit more attention, but I just cut along the bottom of the inner fender. I think the tires will likely contact the fender under articulation, but I haven't had a chance to check. The rear will likely get backhalfed before too long to simplify all of those aspects.
yeah man those inner fenders are killing me too, my rear tires got some massive grooves in them from my fenders. After this semester ends Im probably gonna start chopping it up too.

But get out there and wheel it, dammit :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Long overdue updates on the rig.

Wheeled it at Harlan in October, electric fan burned up causing severe cooling issues. After we resolved that the rig was doing great running up the mountain to catch up with the group when I started having some engine issues that I believe now were caused by the alternator overcharging because the voltage regulator was being grounded out by a loose motor mount bolt. That ended the trip for it, never getting a chance to hit any rocks.

Hit up Rausch in December or January and the rig worked great. No real problems surfaced other than some underbuilt/overworked rear link mounts. Half way tore one of the rear upper frame mounts and bent the lower rear frame crossmember pretty badly. Those issues didn't prevent it from wheeling on throughout the day a good bit, just held together with ratchet straps.

Random things that were finished on it over winter. Mounted the grill, made a new switch panel, new electric fan, door bars

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Also put some exhaust on it, its so nice to be able to hear myself think. Only place it would fit and it works well, needs a v8 so I can run duals though.

Current projects for the upcoming season:
Airbumps in the front (or rear maybe, undecided)
Rebuild rear shocks
New skid plate mounts
Lights
New power steering pump

I also plan to back half it at the begining of the summer, the rear frame and body are just getting trashed/in the way and adding more tube should simplify that immensely.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
James why would he do that? You know Will is gonna have it torn apart soon enough for an engine swap anyways :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
What are your spring rates and lengths in the rear? Also what valving did you go with. Im looking at getting some FOA's are you happy with them?

341 - 348 of 348 Posts