Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
May be a dumb question, but why do you need a new pitman arm?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
May be a dumb question, but why do you need a new pitman arm?
My new steering linkage is all 1 ton stuff and the tie rod ends are much larger. I bought the setup used and it came with a pitman bolted to it so rather than ream my old one i'll just bolt the new one up

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Got the pitman arm off today and the new one bolted up. The old one was a huge pain to get off, i almost broke a puller on it. The puller was doing nothing and the impact was long out of power then i remembered to try heating it and ofcourse it dropped right off. Also got the transfer case bolted back in which turned out to be much easier than i had imagine it would be. Its getting closer to moving under its own power.

The steering linkage is pretty flat and clears nicely, i'm happy with it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
do you live off tufton ave? the farm looks familiar

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
do you live off tufton ave? the farm looks familiar
Yeap, thats Belmont. I saw in your thread you hook up with the guys up at Appalachian, I assume you're pretty local then. I'm considering stealing your flatbelly design, though i doubt i would be able to pull it off as clean. Your build has been great inspiration to keep me going.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeap, thats Belmont. I saw in your thread you hook up with the guys up at Appalachian, I assume you're pretty local then. I'm considering stealing your flatbelly design, though i doubt i would be able to pull it off as clean. Your build has been great inspiration to keep me going.
Thats good to hear, thanks for the kind words.....im going to be 3 linking the front this winter and changing some stuff, but next spring we should get together and head up to rausch, i actually live down in cockeysville so im not that far from ur place.

Grason

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thats good to hear, thanks for the kind words.....im going to be 3 linking the front this winter and changing some stuff, but next spring we should get together and head up to rausch, i actually live down in cockeysville so im not that far from ur place.

Grason
Oh you're not far at all. Let me know if you ever need an extra hand, a shop to work in, or a place to do some test wheeling, I'd love to see your rig sometime.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Oh you're not far at all. Let me know if you ever need an extra hand, a shop to work in, or a place to do some test wheeling, I'd love to see your rig sometime.
Yeah man, no problem, im gonna have a good bit of work this winter so i can always use extra help:D. i drive by your place everyday because i work in westminster, maybe one day ill stop in and say hi, if you will be around.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yeah man, no problem, im gonna have a good bit of work this winter so i can always use extra help:D. i drive by your place everyday because i work in westminster, maybe one day ill stop in and say hi, if you will be around.
Yeah that'd be cool. I'm in my senior year so I'm in school most weekdays but have some breaks coming up. I'm aiming to get everything tied up in time for the dec. 20 rock run if i can get into that, it looks like some great trails up there. Do you dd your rig?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Made some satisfying process yesterday, i finished putting the transfer case back in and got all the steering tied up. turns out my stock front shaft just fit so i stuck it in so i could drive it around a little bit. much smoother with the new springs, real bouncy without the shocks though.

I'm contemplating doing hydro assist before i have everything tied up. Anybody have some pictures of how they mounted the ram on a HP44 with the full histeer i'm not sure how i'd like to run it. I suppose i could go at stock height and straight to the factory knuckle and just build a beefy skid plate? or would a tower up top to raise it up to tierod height be better?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah that'd be cool. I'm in my senior year so I'm in school most weekdays but have some breaks coming up. I'm aiming to get everything tied up in time for the dec. 20 rock run if i can get into that, it looks like some great trails up there. Do you dd your rig?

Rock run is a good place to wheel, i was able to make it up on the maden voyage to run the trails dan58 and his crew cut. they cut some pretty nasty trails, id say they are tougher than 90% of the stuff at rausch. and to answer your question i do not dd my jeep, i took the tags off of it about a year and a half ago. but i like it much better that way because i can take it out and wheel the piss out of it and compete and take it back to my buddies house and just let it sit and work on it when i feel like vs. having to get it ready to take to work the next day or whatever.

Grason

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Grason (backyard wrenchers) came by yesterday and we got some tuff done. We pulled the carrier of the 60 to install a lockrite i had bought and it turns out i had a limited slip so its not going to work...so if anyone wants a 30 spl lockrite..let me know. but this is a good oppurtunity to weld it up instead and maybe save me some cash.

I got the pinion set and perches welded and ordered my new H1 cneters from GLO, ideally they'll be here by the end of the week. and I'm hoping to get my rear shaft set up this week. Its slow progress but its progress. I'm thinking I'm gonna put ogether a hydro assist setup whilei have everything apart.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Got the carrier and gears all welded up, laid some heavy beads, the appearence of which however would recieve alot of scrutiny here, i lay some heavy chunks of 1/2 inch plate in there too to make sure it all hold.

Ordered my new centers for my H1's from GLO, hoping theyll be in early next week, i'm cutting my runflats down on monday and then my rims/tires should be all set, i may however cut or groove the SX's a bt though, we'll see.

I'm getting around to doing my brakes, does anyone have a partnumber for some good long hoses that i can use on the front? i know that theres a gm application that works well but i cant recall what, they need to be pretty long though.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Welded carrier is back in and ready to go. Got my driveshaft cut down and setup and got to drive it on the rear! Got the runflats cut down so now i'm just waiting on the new centers to get myself on my new rolling gear again, everything is coming together nice. Also took a saw and grinder to the fenders, now shes got some more room for the tires.

It's looking like i'm gonna be chopping the exhaust to get the traction bar in and i guess i'll just run a cherrybomb or something inside the skid, any suggestions? input, good ro bad is always appreciated.

·
Registered
610 Posts
glass pack... talk to grason, he did a nice short exhaust setup on his which was real cheap.

Or no exhaust is what i run. but it will cause you to go deaf...

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
. . . It's looking like i'm gonna be chopping the exhaust to get the traction bar in and i guess i'll just run a cherrybomb or something inside the skid, any suggestions? input, good ro bad is always appreciated. . . .
I am in the planning stages to build my anti wrap bar set up. I got some ideas brewing and dead set. Im still waiting on 4 tabs to shop up from Ballistic. My idea is to build a rear cross member just behind the skid plate just to mount the anti-wrap bar using heims. This cross member will be removable due to the exhuast and t-case using bushings. It will also allow clearence for a Cat-back system or custom exhaust. I will update my build thread with pics once I get started(hopefully this weekend:shaking:) If you want, I will send you a link to my thread or I can post on yours. what ever you want.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Check out the cherry bomb web site, they got more than straight glass-pacs

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
its getting there i see.

41 - 60 of 348 Posts