Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Add the sides, some Torchmate bling, little more Technology (Bend Techs's new 5.0 is AMAZING) the plan is set and ready to go. The tube work starts tomorrow and we will see how everything fits...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Are you done yet?Hurry up would ya!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Show us a few more Bend Tech drops, loosk like a great start!

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally made a little more progress, broke my plasma cutter set me back a little while..

I got the motor mounts in, got the angle iron subframe plate in which will allow me to unbolt the cage from the subframe, its gonna be damn near mid-engine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
your work looks really good, wish i had a torchmate!

Your cage design scares me, the leaned back B pillars lose a lot of strength and not having an "x" tying the top of the B pillars to the bottom of the opposite side B pillar doesn't help. Seems to me a hard roll could collapse that cage.

otherwise carry-on :)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
IIRC there will be some more crossbracing.Just wasn't put in the drawing.Looking good Bio!

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't worry triangulation officers, if you look at the Bend Tech rendering that shows some of the planned triangulation, there will be lots more but its not practical to draw every tube within bend tech.

I was worried about 30 degress of layback in the b pillars but that is why I put 2 of them, adds some bling and doubles the strength.

Hopefully before the end of next week it will look like something....

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
I'm digging the removeable cage idea! Is the idea to be able to take off the cage for any drivetrain work etc, leaving the interior intact and just pulling it all off together?

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not sure how practical the removable cage will be but my hopes are I can isolate the different systems enough so just a few hydraulic, cooling, air, and electrical connections have to be disconnected to lift the cage.

I hate fighting thru complex tube work to wrench on something... since I can get an endless supply of these motors for 800 bucks, I am not going to loose much sleep if I grenade one.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts