Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to accuire a 1984 cherokee a 1989 cherokee that has been rolled a 4.0 that has been bored .040" over and completly rebuilt, 2 aw4 trannies, 1 np231, 1 np242, and several aftermarket parts including exausht for 2500$ so now i will have 3 cherokees. Do you think all that for 2500$ is a good deal?

·
Everyday is Tuesday.
46,291 Posts
A rolled XJ with a rebuilt non-HO 4.0 and some spare parts for $2500. I'd pass.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is 2 one is a 84 the other is a 89. i can use some of the parts off rolled one like the doors and the 84 has a brush guard and tow hitch i want and its more than a couple extra parts the engine alone is worth 2000 i know this cause i helped the guy take it to were he had it rebuilt

·
Registered
40 Posts
sounds like you have already made your decision

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pretty much have but if someone points out something im over looking i would pass on this deal.

·
Registered
528 Posts
are they rusted?

if you just want it for parts, then go fer it, but if you're trying to build a working XJ (i'm guessing you're thinking 4.0L into the 84 using the 89's parts) it's not that simple...

the 4.0L does not fit well in the 84-86 chassis. You're gonna hafta modify sheetmetal.. LOTS of sheetmetal, and if it's rusty... losts of SHITmetal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope i want the 4.0 to put in my 95 xj this 4.0 has been bored .040" over heads ported and polished and completly rebuilt, one of the trannys is also brand new. And after talking to the owner i have found out there is a new raditor, trans oil cooler, dyna max turbo exausht, performance bushings, and lots and lots of new parts included. Also there is not much rust on any of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts